Snake In The Grass...

Hi All,

Here is one of my entries for the Helo GB (thought I'd come upstairs and share it with the rest of the class). It is a Hasegawa AH-1S Cobra, updated to 'F' standards. The cockpit in this kit is bare-bones, so I added all the flight controls (except for the pilot's cyclic stick-it was in the kit), arm rests, seat belts, avionics boxes, ECU hoses for the seats, circut breaker panel, and HSS rails. Exterior mods includes brass rod skid crosstubes and tail skid, IR jammer, cable cutters w/ braces, skid mounted landing light, lens for the lower light, and other tidbits that were overlooked. For a more detailed description, see my in-progress thread here. The finish is Model Masters Army Helo Drab, post shaded for visual interest. The decals came from the kit except for the crossed sabers on the dog house. The FFAR pods were drilled out, while the TOW launchers received a little wiring.

Thanks for looking!

post-282-1141843372.jpg

post-282-1141843581.jpg

post-282-1141843294.jpg

post-282-1141843666.jpg

post-282-1141843765.jpg

post-282-1141843488.jpg

post-282-1141843853.jpg

Cheers,

Alby

Albert, your work always impresses the heck out of me. I am still in awe of that P-47 you did a while back. :thumbsup: I am not a huge fan of whirly-birds, but yours I can look at with fascination. Most excellent stuff, but howcome no snakey decal on this one? :explode::rofl:

:angry:

J.C.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ming and Toolo12,

Thanks (Toda to you Toolo! :thumbsup: ) for the compliments.

Ming-

Didn't you build one of these, or at least start one? I remember you had asked some questions on the kit in the heli forum a while back.

Cheers,

Albert

Hi Ming and Toolo12,

Thanks (Toda to you Toolo! :P ) for the compliments.

Ming-

Didn't you build one of these, or at least start one? I remember you had asked some questions on the kit in the heli forum a while back.

Cheers,

Albert

Hey Alby,

I was getting interested in making a Cobra (or it coulda been a Little bird too)... but 2 obstacles came my way... and over took me...

1) Tomcat GB

and

2) A newfound love for 1/48 scale (from 1/72 scale)...

I still have plans to build a helo one of these days... eyeing on a 48 scale Longbow... but that will have to come after my Tomcat Sunset project. :lol: