F uture Floor wax as a base ?

For the B-58 I would recommend using Krylon Gloss Black as your primer and then use Alclad lacquers for your metal finish. You can mask that and use various shades for panel definitions. For your Future questions go to my website (click on the link in my signiture) and read "The Complete Future" and/or "Tinting the Future"

Long answer: it depends what kind of finish you're going for, and what metalizer/metallic paint you plan to use.

Short answer: no, Future won't work, and will produce an unsatisfactory finish.

It’s not ideal Joe.

I STRONGLY suggest you go with the Alclad II. I use the Alclad II paint with the Alclad II Gloss Black base. I really don’t have to prep the kit anymore than usual. After the Gloss Black goes on, I sprayed the Polished Aluminum over top with 4-5 coats. The Gloss Black Alclad hides the marks. The kits look perfect. I owe it all to the paint. The Alclad ROCKS! Looks beautiful, dries instantly and wears like iron.

For the most part I don’t bother with any other paint when it comes to NMF. I will use the others for smaller parts though. Just not for painting the whole aircraft.