Modelling Therapy.....

I've added the Navigator's section with scratch built "periscope"

Hate to tell you this but the periscope is actually included in the kit. It's one of the small spare parts that are not mentioned in the instructions. Only the outside part of it is there though.

Otherwise a nice job you have done on the F-4.

Regards,

Hate to tell you this but the periscope is actually included in the kit. It's one of the small spare parts that are not mentioned in the instructions. Only the outside part of it is there though.

Regards,

Thanks Jens, I have both the Revell and Hasegawa boxings and cannot locate anything looking remotely like a periscope! Are you sure about this? :blink:

What sprue is it on?

Cheers

Bil

Bill,

It's part # C21. It might be a bit on the small side though - haven't checked. The original periscope wasn't that large though...

Regards,

Found it!! You've better eyesight than I have! It is incredibly tiny - I'll check to see if its in scale or not, and replace.

Well spotted though!!

Cheers!!!

Found it!! You've better eyesight than I have! It is incredibly tiny - I'll check to see if its in scale or not, and replace.

Well spotted though!!

Cheers!!!

The original is pretty tiny.

Internal:

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/ph...ll/raf99313.jpg

External (with RBF tag!)

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/ph...ll/raf99321.jpg

Periscopes pinched from old Chieftain tanks from memory ... Army does have its uses after all! Hhehehe.

Yes indeed Rob, I had heard that! I was quite shocked to discover the periscope was in fact included in the kit - this is the 3rd (or 4th) I've built over the last 15 years (And YES the kit IS that old!!!).

It is incredibly tiny and as Dave says so was the rreal thing - in 1/48th it measures less than 1mm!!!

As Jen said, it spart C21 in the middle below......

100_3230.jpg

• 3 years later...

So........moving the clock forward almost FOUR YEARS!! Thought it was time for a bit of an update!!

I have been doing a bit of occassional work on my FGR2 during the last 46 or so months!!!

Underwing stores and bits...sidewinders are from a pair of Hasegawa Harrier GR7's, Intake FOD's from Cleveland Models...

IMG_2438.jpg

Decalling is almost done..

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

That brings us ALMOST up to date.....

I hope to have her finished BEFORE 2014!!!

• 1 month later...