Very nice crocket, and very nice photography too. How was the kit to build?

I have thier peashooter kit

You will enjoy it Ron, it's a little gem. Aeromaster made some nice sheets for it too.

Cheers

Mike

I live those pre-war paint schemes. Beautiful job. How was it to build?

Well, it virtually fell together, the usual gaps at the wing roots, I glued the uppers to the fuse first and then attached the lower wing, that took care of it. BUT.....maybe it was just me, but I had to shim the radial away from the fire wall to gain clearance for the prop. I mean, when assembled per the instructions, the prop contacted the cowling? I dunno, I may have screwed up, but, it is a basic kit and straightforward as they come. Kind of a relaxing thing, sort of an OOB 'back to basics' type therapy build for me.

Since I switched my Alclad application to the KISS method, NMF anxiety attacks are virtually cured. I aquired some Tamiya polishing compound, and once everything is assemled and seams are wet sanded. I polish the naked styrene to a mirror finish with the polishing goop. After a good wash with dish soap (and a thorough dry), I prime with future and applied (in this case) Alclad ll polished aluminum over the cured future primer coat. Perfect every time. I used the same technique on the P-47N I posted in the critques forum.

Kit decals aren't too bad, the usuual Academy stuff, overall alot of fun.

Steve

Very nice looking aircraft! B)

The only thing I could see wrong is the ring and bead gunsight. The stock plastic parts makes it look a foot thick! Being "nit-pickie" I know but it kind of ruins such a beautiful model. Get a phot-etch set for the P-40B that has the ring sight and replace it.

Thanks also for the tips on how you did the Alclad finish.

<S>!

• 1 month later...

Nice work! The P-36 is a nice kit anyway, can't understand the "Hobbycrap" label they make some nice kits. I have the P-35, P-36 and P-26 on the "to do" pile, I'll throw in a little PE and some scratchbuliding, maybe some different decals but the kits are sound.

• 3 weeks later...