How good is this Revell F-18E kit?

I bought this kit today:

http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/mod/revell/5519preview.htm

from hobby lobby. They had a 1/3 off deal so i got it for about $12. I have been eye balling it for while. I opened it up and looks to be of high quality although i havent started building it. I bought it a temporary diversion from the Italery F-18F i am building.

I did some reserach online and found that Reveel used to make a version of this kit that was actually just the Itlaeri kit. I got really irritated when i read that, but then i did more research and this appears to be a totally new boxing since i noticed none of the errors in the Italeri kit are present here.

What do you guys think of this kit? Is it pretty good?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also the inside of the wing has the typical lettering and it says "© 2005 Revell" so i assume is a fairly new release

Edited by BjornB17

Bjorn, this is a whole new tooling compared to the Italeri re-boxing that Revell released awhile back, a much better one too ...

I have the kit also but have not built it yet ... There are quite a few guys here who've built this already, it seems some love it, some hate it and some get it because they don't want to spend three times as much for the Hase Rhino ...

Gregg

It's better than the Italeri kit for sure. You'll probably find the nose a bit of a challenge to get together and if you search here and on hyperscale you'll find both praise and shortcomings. And the flaps can't be positioned down without some surgery. Overall I expect you'll like it better than the Italeri.

i started building this kit today. It is so a relief from the Italeri kit! everything just fits together nicely much like the F-15E. Is it just me or has Revell really improved on their quality with their latest releases?

Also another note is that the intakes on the Revell look absolutely nothing like those on the Italeri... the same can be said for a lot of things in the kit!

:lol: I'd have to agree with the posts above me! But I want to add this comment. It is as good as you want it to be, much better than the Italeri kit and cheaper than the Hasegawa kit. WHatever you feel like doing to this A/C is totally up to you. You can correct it out the wazoo, or you can build it right out of the box, as long as you have fun, and are happy with the results, ITS A GREAT KIT!!! NUF SAID!!

My 2 cents worth,

Jack aka BUGFAN