1/48th F/A-18C VFA-195(NF400) in progress

Here goes my Legacy Hornet in progress. Aires Gear well resin and Seamless Suckers resin intakes have been tried to install. It was a nightmere to delete kit-original nose gear well and main gear well by hands, since stylene material is very hard and construction to be removed is very huge.

Thanks for comments,Kristian, Daniel,Anthony,

That Viking was built-up just one month ago. I used Paragon Design Slat and Flap set, Black Box resin cockpit set(I'm loving it) and Cutting Edge decal set(PYNUP series/PYND48034 Voluptuous Viking Part 1).

My Viking is a LastPac scheme of VS-21(stationed at NAF Atsugi, Japan), say, decommissioning scheme. I love Hoover and when I saw it, I immediately decided to build Viking in that scheme with hand painting its special markings. However and fortunately, Dave of Cutting Edge desided to release decal.

Hi, Anthony,

I bought Black Box resin cockpit set very soon after it was released. Unfortunately, it is difficult to find it here in Japan. It has gone in Japan. Sorry.

I could not understand exact meaning of your "Build-up" pictures(since I am a Japanese and weak at English). But please find my scratch-built Main Landing Gear well as per ↓. Please enjoy.

For Local Hobby show I took pictures of my 1/48th U.S.Navy jets titled as " Simulated busy flight deck". Please enjoy it!!

Oh! Come on F/A-14 Straycat! You can´t just throw such a picture without showing more! That look GREAT!!!!

/Kristian

BTW: your Viking is even better than I first thought!!! Compliments!!!

Dry fit of PE mesh can be seen on this pic. I use DACO's famous Uncovering the F/A-18 Hornet book.

Tomorrow I will scratch an opposite side.

Hi,

your hornet is coming along great! Where did you get the PE mesh for the nose?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks, Guys, for comments. I appreciate them much. In the meantime, the bulkhead I scratched,is unfortunately necessary to hold and glue tightly PE mesh parts together with nose skin. The opposite side looks like as:

I have used Seamless Suckers resin intake for my Hornet. The resin intake has wrong intake lip, say, intake lips were attached vise-versa. Thus, I had to cut lip off from the dact and glue former right lip to left duct and left lip to right duct. At the same time sevire dry fit was needed to install. But I am so far satisfied with its result.

Beautiful work! Thankyou for posting your progress pics they are very nice indeed. Great scratch work, I look forwards to following this thread- :D

PS- your English is just fine- Arigatou!

Edited by afterburner

Thanks Aftrerburner, I appreciate your comments. "Doumo-desu".I have almost finished scratch Nose section Plumbings behind the meshes. So, I dry-fitted the nose section to the body. But,I found serious gap between nose and body section due to the interference between the ends of plumings coming out through the scratched bulk head of Gun door and Aires(Nose landing gear well)bulk head. Um,I have to dig and adjust Aires resin nose landing gear well bulkhead. Attached photo dipicts current dry-fit status.

My work bench... I currently have building:

* F/A-18E Super Hornet in VFA-27 CAG Bird scheme

* F/A-18C Legacy Hornet in VFA-195 CAG Bird scheme

* F-14B Tomcat in VF-32 in Modex107 or 100 scheme

* EA-6B(VAQ not yet decided)

All are in 1/48th scale. Today building process of my Legacy Hornet has been caught up with that of Super Hornet. Therefore, I took a photo as follows: Both Hornets were equipped with Black Box resin cockpits.

Please enjoy.

Hi, Anthony, Thanks for your suggestion! Um, Cougars... it seems very attractive. Considering seriously. Do you see the latest VAQ-136 CAG scheme? We call it "SUNDOWNERSKI" scheme. It is also exciting one.

Per your request, following pic is installed cockpit. As usual I used precious Black Box resin cockpit. I modified standard B-Model cockpit into upgraded B-Model cockpit with HUD. Can you recognize the modified front instrument panel ? Pleaes enjoy!

Rio instrument panel goes like this. For F-14 I have removed refueling probe cover door as often been seen during OEF/OIF and scratched inner details. Currently, I have constructed intake duct of Tomcat, say, seamless intake duct, which takes a little more time. Also, please enjoy!