Hi guys! My original thread about my f-15E seems to have been lost as a result of the forums being down, so i made a new thread. i included all of the old pics as well as some new ones. Comments and tips are always welcomed!

6515053932.jpg

6323363560-thumb.jpg

6323393773-thumb.jpg

6323454061-thumb.jpg

6323492032-thumb.jpg

6323505163-thumb.jpg

6619151140-thumb.jpg

6619181416-thumb.jpg

6623145046-thumb.jpg

6623122011-thumb.jpg

Edited by BjornB17

I'm having problems with the canopy though. first i future it and then use parafilm but the parafilm always gums up and make everything look bad when i peel it off :blink:

Hi BjornB17, your Mudhen is looking first rate.

Sorry to hear of your difficulty with the canopy though. Are you letting the Future set for long enough? I've found that although it feels dry to the touch, it still needs much longer to harden off fully.

If you still get no joy can you mask the canopy with anything else.....Tamiya tape and maskol perhaps?

Keep trying, I'd like to see this one all finished up.

:blink:

I had been letting the future sit for about a day, but in all honesty, it still felt a bit sticky. thats probably why the parafilm wouldnt come off too well. I use parafilm a lot at work and i know that usually it will peel right off a dry surface.

how long do you guys let your canopies cure?

Okay guys... i sprayed the first layer of dullcote and i took the plane outside to get better pictures... and well.. here it is so far :)

P5240167.jpg

P5240163.jpg

P5240170.jpg

P5240165.jpg

P5240168.jpg

Edited by BjornB17

Ah yes,....that dull coat really settles things down alot. Looks better and better :rolleyes:

One thing I noticed in this set of pics is the ring just aft of the bright silver BMF panels and just forward of the jet nozzle petal actuators. If it's not too late to fix it, it should be a lighter shade. More of a blueish or goldish silver. Of course it may just be the black primer ready for a coat of Alclad in which case I'll shut up.

Any joy on the canopy yet? If you leave the Future for 24hrs, that should be enough in my experience but longer still is better.

Keep up the good work and BTW, has the pilot got a bad head cold?............I see he's left a tissue over his HUD! :D

;)

:(

Ah yes,....that dull coat really settles things down alot. Looks better and better :)

One thing I noticed in this set of pics is the ring just aft of the bright silver BMF panels and just forward of the jet nozzle petal actuators. If it's not too late to fix it, it should be a lighter shade. More of a blueish or goldish silver. Of course it may just be the black primer ready for a coat of Alclad in which case I'll shut up.

Any joy on the canopy yet? If you leave the Future for 24hrs, that should be enough in my experience but longer still is better.

Keep up the good work and BTW, has the pilot got a bad head cold?............I see he's left a tissue over his HUD! :woot.gif:

thanks for the comments :P

as far as the black ring by the engine... i realize that its incorrect, but at this point i'm just going to leave it. this will be the first model i've ever completed so of course i learned a lot of things from it. it has it's fair share of mistakes that i figured really arent worth trying to clean up, but now that my modeling skills are more refined, i'll definately build another one of these in the future :D

lol, thats a big 1/48 scale tissue isnt i? its actually masking tape to cover the HUD when i dullcoted it :)

BjornB17, I have the exact same 1/48 F-15E. Looking forward to building mine. I'm planning on going with the BOLD TIGERS scheme for my Mudhen.

Yours looks awesome. I'm going to keep my eye on that thread. :rolleyes:

thanks ;)

i had a hard time deciding which decal scheme to do, but i liked the story of the SJ plane taking out a helicopter with a bomb, so i went with that one :cheers: I will probably do the tiger scheme when i get through with the other kits im building though

• 1 month later...

Very nice F-15E. I notice one mistake. The light near the right intake is red not green. I still give high marks for doing such an outstanding job. best wishes and lots of good luck your way.

Thanks for all the comments :)

Very nice F-15E. I notice one mistake. The light near the right intake is red not green. I still give high marks for doing such an outstanding job. best wishes and lots of good luck your way.

Looks like you are right! I better fix that before finishing the plane up. Thanks!

Hello Bjorn,

A very well done job.

Wish I could do as well.

I'm curious about the mouthwash bottle in one of the pictures. :blink:

Do you use it to improve the wetting properties of your paints?

Cheers,

Flores

I only use the mouthwash on the f-15 to help ensure that the mudhen always smells minty fresh. :banana:

• 7 months later...