F-16D 90-778 MiG Killer

I’m in the final stages of building this airframe using the newish Kinetic F-16D ‘gold’ kit (not the filler-free wonder-kit I was lead to believe it is).

Was the question re targeting/Nav pods ever sorted ?   Was 90-0778 carrying both/one/no LANTIRN pods during that mission ?

Also, was it fitted with pylons in stations 3 & 7 ?

And lastly, was a kill marking ever applied whilst it still carried the 19th TFS tail-stripe ?

TIA

Here are two views I took of 90-0778 'Back in the day"...

Here is a photo of 90-0778 from July 1993 while assigned to the 33d FS, 363d FW at Shaw AFB: https://www.deviantart.com/f16crewchief/art/90-0778-as-a-33d-FS-Jet-896587785

Here is a photo of 90-0778 from October 1993 after the jet was transferred to the 63d FS, 58th FW at Luke AFB: https://www.deviantart.com/f16crewchief/art/90-0778-as-a-63d-FS-Jet-896587395

The F-16Ds were not equipped with the little vents on the fuselage strakes and on the vertical fin 'island' for the ASPJ ECM system that was intended to be installed in the F-16Cs.

The K Price Randel painting was issued as a Lockheed promo litho in January 1993, right after the kill.  Previous posters have noted errors in the painting, but the back of the litho has descriptive text as follows: 

...configured...for a night air-to-ground mission (LANTIRN navigation pod, wing weapon pylons, and an ECM pod) except the actual bombs.

I have an original litho from Lockheed. The painting depicts a LANTIRN NAV pod on STA 5L, 370 gal tanks on STA 4 & 6, an AIM-9 on STA 8 (and assumed on STA 2) and an AIM-120 on STA 9.  The kill was made with the AIM-120 fired from STA 1 (left wingtip).

Is this loadout accurate?  I don't know, but I assume Lockheed provided Randel with the info they received from USAF.

edit: this video has HUD footage of the kill, and video of the jet and crew upon returning to base, you can see the NAV pod on STA 5L, 370 on STA 4, AIM-9 on STA 2 and an empty rail on STA 1

edit2: I also have the Lockheed/Randel litho of AMRAAM kill #2 with F-16C 86-0262

Edited by habu2
On 12/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, habu2 said:

this video has HUD footage of the kill, and video of the jet and crew upon returning to base, you can see the NAV pod on STA 5L, 370 on STA 4, AIM-9 on STA 2 and an empty rail on STA 1….

Thanks for the replies.   Loadout confirmed… and that video is gold !

Can I also see the ‘mount/pylon’ for the LANTIRD targeting pod on STA 5R ?

Is that the ‘long’ version of the AN/ALQ-119 pod shown in the Bullseye profile ?

And the airframe was painted in the 3-time gray scheme, with lower leading edge of the vertical tail in the Gunship Gray ?

Edited by Keith T
Typo