CA Canberra kit 99% done

48th CA kit (thanks Jules you're a gent!) & Model Alliance Decals.

Institute of Aviation Medicine operated aircraft.

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

The kit in my eyes could do with the Fire Axe & Extinguisher in White Metal (Aeroclub?) and the diapole rear fuselage aerials (Eduard?) Apart from that...very nice!

The boarding ladder was scratchbuilt but even after loading the nose with what I assumed was enough weight it still tailsits!

Oh well onto a base it'll go!

Jon

That looks great Jon, can't beat a bit of Dayglo.

Just a small question,

Why the plastic peg under the tail?, Was the model a tail sitter?.

Just asking because I'm planning do this kit and need to know how much weight to add to the nose?

Shaun.

The peg???

Oh I found a vintage picture of a Canberra with a great big Wilkos peg under the back end circa 1970!

No only joking!!

I put in 10 dirty great big nuts and bolts aft of the cockpit and it still would'nt 'sit'!

Nxt time I'l go to my local fishing tackle shop (seeing as my other 'love' is angling) and buy 4x4oz Arlsley Leger Bombs that should do it!

Jon

Nxt time I'l go to my local fishing tackle shop (seeing as my other 'love' is angling) and buy 4x4oz Arlsley Leger Bombs that should do it!

Jon

Thanks Jon,

Is there plenty of room to add nose weight to the model?

I'm planning on getting the T-17 version once it is released, any idea's how they are planning to do the nose pieces?

At least in this version you can place the weight, ahead of the nose undercarrage!

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD

Looks great Jon, cracking colour scheme, I wasn't going to bother with the CA kit, was going to wait for the Airfix family, (although I've got an Aeroclub kit stashed away waiting for me to do it justice), but seeing your finished article I could be tempted to get one.