'AIRFIX' bloodhound missle dio,[pic's]

Hello and good day to you all !!

when i found out that airfix were re-releasing this model again i just had

to get it and build a dio',was a bit dissapointed to find there was no decals or glass parts for vehicles, and

every thing was covered in 'flash' :mellow: theres nothing worse than scraping for hours just to clean it up

but when you've finished you get a bit of satisfaction out of it !!. i added other vehicles to make it a bit more interesting, tha dio measures 13' x 16' and is made from an old picture frame, it all turned out well

gggggggam6.jpg

gggqw5.jpg

gggggggggtm8.jpg

Edited by ian lanc

Good one Ian. I'm working on an idea for a dio (no clues) featuring a cluster of 3 launchers (& 2 misiles). Bought an old kit for AS$1. It had everything but the missile & I'm too mean to chuck it out.

Try doing the windscreens with Krystal Kleer or microscope slide coverslips (= really thin glass squares) bits of clear book-covering plastic sheet.

One thing, I hope you mean 13" x 16" (not ').

George, out..............

hello george, the next time i build a vehicle,i'll look into some k/kleer + book covering stuff,not very often i make little tiny cars, and as for the size good god wouldn't it be BIG ;) it is only inch's thanks.....ian

Nice work Ian. The diorama has balance and tells a story in a very simple way. Incidently, when it comes to RAF support vehicles, keep your eyes peeled for the Cararama 1/72 die-cast Minis that can be picked up for a quid. Given them a once-over with a peice of Scotchbrite, repaint RAF blue/grey and you have an station runaround!

The other week I drove past a Bloodhound missile in, of all places, a reclamation yard!

2cff803a34.jpg

Next time I'm in the Industrial Museum in Bristol I shall mention this to them as I think its an important piece of local history that should be preserved and not left to rot.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice diorama. What kit did you use for the LWB Landie?

For those planning to do a Bloodhound dio, you may want to have a look at Breighton airfield or North Coates airfields on a site such as multimap. Have a look at the aerial photos for the layout of a Bloodhound site.

Breighton

• 2 weeks later...
Nice diorama. What kit did you use for the LWB Landie?

For those planning to do a Bloodhound dio, you may want to have a look at Breighton airfield or North Coates airfields on a site such as multimap. Have a look at the aerial photos for the layout of a Bloodhound site.

Breighton

hello roland, the l/rover is made by 'new ray toys' and are pre built and very detailed, there seems to be alot of these cropping up in model shops, there's loads to choose from and at £ 1.50p each, there a steal!!!!