88-0528_524FS_JMelampy.jpg

88-0544_524FS_JMelampy.jpg

88-0549_524FS_JMelampy.jpg

89-2149_524FS_JMelampy.jpg

89-2169_524FS_JMelampy.jpg

89-2169_2_524FS_JMelampy.jpg

90-0776_524FS_JMelampy.jpg

524FS_JMelampy.jpg

Unfortunately, the 522nd Fighter Squadron's block 50s were at depot getting CCIP'd. Only two jets remained on their ramp.

91-0388_522FS_JMelampy.jpg

Good night.

Jake

Once again You've out done yourself Jake..Man oh Man are you good :D :worship:

I haven't been oner to FM but I hope you post there too so I can give you more :worship:

Thanks for posting

Charles

PS:are these gonna make it in your little project?

Edited by wardog1

Jake, great shots (as always). Would you happen to have any pictures of 89-008 (or 89-2008)? That was my good friend's jet when it was at Pope, and its now at Cannon. I believe it's a 524th FS bird.

Thanks!

-Tom

is that WAR(?) HUD only on these Block 40 Vipers

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's correct. More information from habu2's website:

http://www.habu2.net/vipers/viperblocks/

"Block 40/42 F-16s introduces features that enhance the air-to-ground role without sacrificing the air-to-air role. This includes a Wide Angle Raster (WAR) HUD capable of displaying sensor imagery, LANTIRN (AN/AAQ-13 navigation pod and AN/AAQ-14 targeting pod) capability, an upgraded AN/APG-68(V) radar, GPS navigation, automatic terrain following, and many other features. Block 40/42 F-16D models have an extra HUD repeater display mounted on top of the glareshield in the rear cockpit. This allows the back-seater to see the same sensor imagery and symbology as the front seater sees through the WAR HUD."

great pics Jake.

Man i wish those two at Afterburner would bump their proposed Fireball/Crusader sheets up the release table alittle!!!... :lol:

Amen ... it would be nice to have the sheets in hand before Cannon starts flying heavily armed trash haulers!! :lol:

(Just messin' with you Scott/Mike ... just get it right and we'll be happy! :banana: )

Jake, great shots (as always). Would you happen to have any pictures of 89-008 (or 89-2008)? That was my good friend's jet when it was at Pope, and its now at Cannon. I believe it's a 524th FS bird.

Thanks!

-Tom

Sure do, Tom. Have your buddy e-mail me and I'll send him the hi-res image.
What kind of camera are you using? The resolution is fantastic.

Canon 10d.

So Scott, this means you have copies of all these shots? :rolleyes: Gary, nice to see your here again!

Chappie

He was there with me, and, in many cases, making me curse at him to get the he** out of the way!!

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the nice words.

Jake

He was there with me, and, in many cases, making me curse at him to get the he** out of the way!!

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the nice words.

Jake

Excellent!!!!! :banana:

Chappie

Edited by Chappie
Those look great Jake. Any news on getting the 150th pics out? :cheers:

Well...about that--my wife left the CD with those pictures out on my desk while I was away on a trip. Evidently, my 2-year-old found it and it became his shiny new toy for an hour or so until my wife noticed he'd swiped it. I think I may have lost nearly all the images on that CD. I've managed to save some, but I'm not too optimistic.

Nice Shots Jake!!

I've got to get out to Cannon before their Vipers go away!!

ATB -

- Rip -

Yeah, I guess you better hurry. Any new target date for the last Viper fly-out that you're aware of?

The reason he doesn't have more of the 'saders is shortly after we arrived at their spot on the ramp and began to shoot, Chief Master Sergeant of planet Earth waddles out and starts yellin'!

Actually I've got quite a few. It's a good thing they were active that day and I could catch them taxiing by. You're right-what a mess that guy was. :P

Man you sure do like F-16's. :wacko:

yep.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's correct. More information from habu2's website:

http://www.habu2.net/vipers/viperblocks/

"Block 40/42 F-16s introduces features that enhance the air-to-ground role without sacrificing the air-to-air role. This includes a Wide Angle Raster (WAR) HUD capable of displaying sensor imagery, LANTIRN (AN/AAQ-13 navigation pod and AN/AAQ-14 targeting pod) capability, an upgraded AN/APG-68(V) radar, GPS navigation, automatic terrain following, and many other features. Block 40/42 F-16D models have an extra HUD repeater display mounted on top of the glareshield in the rear cockpit. This allows the back-seater to see the same sensor imagery and symbology as the front seater sees through the WAR HUD."

Thanks for the link Dave. That site is very helpful.