Nichimo 1/20 Hughes 500

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have been looking for this kit for some time when one came up on ebay. I finally got permission from my wife to do the "Buy it Now" when Murphys law struck and I was beaten to it!

Please does anyone have one to sell or trade. I have googled it and cant find one except for the old ebay listing. I tried a couple of rare kit places but no one has it listed.

I know it is a long shot, but maybe someone has one for sale. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

Anthony

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have been looking for this kit for some time when one came up on ebay. I finally got permission from my wife to do the "Buy it Now" when Murphys law struck and I was beaten to it!

Please does anyone have one to sell or trade. I have googled it and cant find one except for the old ebay listing. I tried a couple of rare kit places but no one has it listed.

I know it is a long shot, but maybe someone has one for sale. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

Anthony

Anthony,

I will have to check but I believe I have that kit in my closet. I might be willing to part with it. Let me know.

Gary

• 4 years later...

Be patient, Anthony and keep trolling evil-Bay. I managed to pick one up with a trashed box on evil-Bay for $80. I MIGHT part with it if I don't need any of the parts for the current build of the second Nichimo 500 I have in work.

I see them fairly regularly at model swaps here in So. Cal., but they tend to be in the $200 range (for a kit that originally sold for $20 when it came out in 1973!). If you're interested, I'll PM you before the next time I go to a swap.

Kit itself is not a bad representation of a Kawasaki 369HS, but it's a bit simplified in places and not as detailed compared to the Nichimo 1/20 fixed-wings (the 172 and FA-200). It's missing most of the structure in the engine compartment and the instrument panel needs serious work. Oddly, the doors only open on one side of the fuselage, and the hinges are not even close to scale (I'm addressing all these issues in my build). The fit in places is pretty iffy, also.

I may post a WIP (at Oliver's suggestion) when I start seriously working on this project again.

Be patient, Anthony and keep trolling evil-Bay. I managed to pick one up with a trashed box on evil-Bay for $80. I MIGHT part with it if I don't need any of the parts for the current build of the second Nichimo 500 I have in work.

I see them fairly regularly at model swaps here in So. Cal., but they tend to be in the $200 range (for a kit that originally sold for $20 when it came out in 1973!). If you're interested, I'll PM you before the next time I go to a swap.

Kit itself is not a bad representation of a Kawasaki 369HS, but it's a bit simplified in places and not as detailed compared to the Nichimo 1/20 fixed-wings (the 172 and FA-200). It's missing most of the structure in the engine compartment and the instrument panel needs serious work. Oddly, the doors only open on one side of the fuselage, and the hinges are not even close to scale (I'm addressing all these issues in my build). The fit in places is pretty iffy, also.

I may post a WIP (at Oliver's suggestion) when I start seriously working on this project again.

Ed

How are you?

Iwas a the Buena park swapmeet sunday....none there. I always look for that helo.

Yes on WIP photos on your build. sorry , did nt mean to highjack thread....back to regular programming.

Oliver

Hi guys

Sorry for the late reply. I have been on the road and have had an ultra slow internet connection with my mobile vodem for my laptop.

Boy this IS an old thread. Thanks for the PM,s etc. I did actually get this kit, but last year I sold it to an Aircraft engineer friend of mine who desperately wanted it. He was working on the 1/20 C172 and wanted the 500 to go with it...........he wore me down and I let it go!

It is a great kit and is very impressive. I was going to convert her into a 'D' or pointy nosed 'E'. Anyway she went to a good home, and I have a feeling this 32nd 412 will keep me more than busy for a long time to come after the BK!

Tony, that is mighty impressive, thanks for the link...........the boats not bad either!

Zac, I hope you track one down mate.

I agree with Oliver Matt, I would love to see your WIP when you get going again.

Chaaer all, and thanks

Anthony