Foreign Sea Fury users

Dutch, Canadian and Aussies all flew them off of carriers the others (forgot about Germany - thought they were only Seahawks) were either de-navalized Seafurys or Furys. If they were denavalized I think it was just a matter of leaving off the hook, Furys (or is that Furies) had a differant tail that didn't have a cut out at the bottom for the hook - I think!

Now everyone chime in and tell me where I am wrong! :thumbsup:

Believe it or not the Hobbycraft 48ths were pretty good markings wise for the various schemes of the Sea Furys. I don't think I remember Pakistani, Iraqi, Burmese or West German markings. I've built Bay of Pigs Cuban, Korean FAA and have ones for a Canadian and a Dutch one in the stash.

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts
Dutch, Canadian and Aussies all flew them off of carriers the others (forgot about Germany - thought they were only Seahawks) were either de-navalized Seafurys or Furys. If they were denavalized I think it was just a matter of leaving off the hook, Furys (or is that Furies) had a differant tail that didn't have a cut out at the bottom for the hook - I think!

Now everyone chime in and tell me where I am wrong! :thumbsup:

Believe it or not the Hobbycraft 48ths were pretty good markings wise for the various schemes of the Sea Furys. I don't think I remember Pakistani, Iraqi, Burmese or West German markings. I've built Bay of Pigs Cuban, Korean FAA and have ones for a Canadian and a Dutch one in the stash.

Matt

Oh No don't forgot Germany!

There are Sea Furys only used as target tug and actually, IPMS Germany has a modell of this from Special hobby.

IPMS Germany Sea Fury

It' striktly limited.

Take a contact to IPMS if you are intretested.

modelldoc

Eli,

The U.K., Canada, Australia, Burma, Cuba, Germany, Egypt, Iraq, Netherlands, and Pakistan.

Cheers,

Sean

One more!- Morocco. Warpaint #16 on the Sea Fury has a profile of one in natural metal with a red spinner. The writeup says four were presented to Morocco by Iraq in 1960. Apparently they were all sold into the US in 1978...

Re: The Cuban machines FAEC stands for Fuerza Aerea del Ejercito de Cuba (as they were marked Pre-revolution)- I believe I've seen some decals that have FAER ostensibly for "Revolucion"- as used after the regime fell, but I think the markings were changed fairly quickly to the overall dark green with small yellow "FAR" codes. Pictures are quite lacking!

You're probably aware of this but Aeromaster has issued various sheets with markings for Cuba, Burma and Iraq. The Warpaint book is a good reference overall but only has a few pics covering foreign operators, plus a profile or two for each.

Cheers, A

Edited by Andrew A.