It's about FAC'n time

Here are some shots of AF OV-10s. Mostly taken in the 70's in Germany. (Which explains the quality of the prints.)

Save0003.jpg

OV-10 in revetment at Sembach.

Save0004.jpg

OV-10 in revetment at Sembach.

OV-10GearCollapse.jpg

OV-10 Opps.

OV-1043.jpg

Ov-10 on ramp.

crossunder.jpg

Ov-10 inflight.

Bardenasroll-in.jpg

OV-10 rolling in on target at Bardenas Range, Zarragossa Spain. (From the back seat.)

554atAviano2.jpg

OV-10 landing at Aviano Italy.

Hope you enjoy.

Ed S.

The OV-10 was an interesting aircraft. Here are a couple USMC ones.OV-10A155454VMO-2ELP1991.jpg

Jinxx1 - here's the exact same aircraft two years ago at MCAS Miramar...

IMG_1315a.jpg

The front pit...

IMG_1312a.jpg

The back pit with lots of radios...

IMG_1309a.jpg

The back back pit... where the toolbox, aircraft forms, cooler and lawnchair go...

IMG_1308a.jpg

...and the Manufacturer's Plate.

IMG_1306a.jpg

That is a major understatement. Those are some special photos. Sembach is no longer active except for housing, and the OV-10s are only in civilian hands within the US.

Are you referring to the Broncos formerly at Sembach or Broncos overall?

Can I add some? hehe! :)

ov-10dad.jpg

My dad, getting ready to kick some terrorist butt in Mindanao

dad1.jpg

formation flight during the anniversary of Armed Forces of the Philippines (my dad's in the slot position)

sorry for some crumples, these scanned pics are a little old...

I have some more here, I'll scan them when I get some free time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were some pretty funky variants of the bronco, adding gun turrets, flir turrets etc. Are there any pictures of those floating around?

Also, on the first page of this thread, there's a pic of a bronco lacking the side sponsoons with the guns in 'em. What's up with that?

The close up details of the white bronco in the park show some detail of the gun mounts. Were those flexible in elevation, or are those holes so big to account for fixed elevation changes (like change it on the ground)?

There were some pretty funky variants of the bronco, adding gun turrets, flir turrets etc. Are there any pictures of those floating around?

Also, on the first page of this thread, there's a pic of a bronco lacking the side sponsoons with the guns in 'em. What's up with that?

The close up details of the white bronco in the park show some detail of the gun mounts. Were those flexible in elevation, or are those holes so big to account for fixed elevation changes (like change it on the ground)?

Like the OV-10D?

OV-10D155403VMO-2Biggs1982.jpg

OV-10D155470VMO-1ELPMay922.jpg

The Bronco had a 0/0 ejection system. One day one of them was sitting in line waiting for its chance to get on the runway when the back-seater punched out. He managed to land more or less unharmed.

The Air Force OV-10s carried four M-60 machine guns. My next batch will have a couple close ups of the sponson area with the guns mounted. The M-60 doesn't recoil so much as it vibrates up and down. Part of the reason for the large holes could be that. It might also be for the possibility of larger caliber weapons, .50 cals, or maybe a 20m?