Lockheed Constellation Parking

Nice shots, definitely the prettiest propliner ever, in contention for prettiest airplane ever.

Speaking of Connies, I remember as a kid back in the '70s there was a Constellation mounted on the roof of a gas station (or truck stop, or restaurant, can't remember which) on US-41 headed west out of Miami, FL. We'd pass by it regularly when we'd head out to the Everglades for fishing/canoeing and I loved to just stare at it as we drove by. Unfortunately, nobody in my family ever took a picture of it. I wonder if anyone here might remember it, or maybe even have a picture.

:monkeydance:

Edited by mkimages

Gents"

From the Rules of the Road:

Copyrighted Material:

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or ARC/ARC Forums. This means no hotlinking from other sites.....if it's not hosted at ARC or at your own site, please provide a hyperlink instead of hotlinking photos. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter in order to maintain the integrity of ARC.

And from the rules at JetPhotos.net:

If you see a photo you would like to use:

Please contact the photographer via the 'Contact [Photographer Name]' link located in the photo information table just below the main image. Our photographers are usually more than willing to assist you in gaining a proper license for use of their photographs.

Finally, we ask that you do not directly link to JPEG images on this website for use on other websites. This is a waste of our bandwidth, costs us money, and several systems are in place to prevent in-line linking of our content by other websites. Instead, we ask that you either link to http://www.jetphotos.net/, or use the 'Link to this photo:' link provided above each photo in our database.

We thank you for your adherence to this policy!

In other words, it's not permissable to link directly to a photo on another website. Instead, you must simply post a link to the photo. This is why the photos have been removed. If you wish to youmay post the link to the photo that one can click on to view the photo. Sorry, but we have to protect ARC from copyright violations.

Thank You.

Edited by terrysumner
  • 1 year later...