Take a look at here:

Reviting Scale Models

Hey that was a pretty good artcle, thanks. I looked for part 2, but had no luck. Do you happen to have a link for that one. I really liked his homemade one the best but I'm impatient and when I want something I want it yesterday so I'll probably go with Rosie. That is unless another one shows up that looks better.

I use 'Trumpeter Rivet Maker Tool' which is relatively cheap and available at a lot of places. I modified the yellow section of it so that it does not block my view. Overall, I like it. Here is a picture of my modification:

IMG_3394.JPG

However, I have heard from others that they prefer the 'Rosie the Riveter' by Dousek over the trumpeter's one. You may also want to check that out.

That plane looks incredible and its not even close to finished. Was that a complete rescribe and rivet job?

Here's a link to the tool we're talking about. It's a great little tool and fits in your Xacto handles. Easily change wheel sizes for different scales and/or rivet sizes.

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_p...keyword=rivet-r

Yes, I completely riveted this 1/72 Electra, and basically rescribed because the original lines were quite shallow, and some non-existant. Here's a shot of it all finished, there's a thread @ The Display Case with a few more pics and description if interested.

003-1.jpg

Edited by blunce
Here's a link to the tool we're talking about. It's a great little tool and fits in your Xacto handles. Easily change wheel sizes for different scales and/or rivet sizes.

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_p...keyword=rivet-r

Yes, I completely riveted this 1/72 Electra, and basically rescribed because the original lines were quite shallow, and some non-existant. Here's a shot of it all finished, there's a thread @ The Display Case with a few more pics and description if interested.

003-1.jpg

Very nice plane you've got there. I went to there site and seen that they were photo-etched which concerned me about the durability. How long do you think one will hold up? I might order go ahead and order a couple if they have a short life. Was also interested in those blades. I'm curious how a photo-etched blade holds up as well.

Very nice plane you've got there. I went to there site and seen that they were photo-etched which concerned me about the durability. How long do you think one will hold up? I might order go ahead and order a couple if they have a short life. Was also interested in those blades. I'm curious how a photo-etched blade holds up as well.

It's not your typical thickness PE metal. It's thick enough to be durable. I think it should last a rather long time. If not, from what I've seen Radub has real good customer service and may replace a broken piece for you, but don't hold me to that. He visits this board and/or Hyperscale. Radub's profile. You might shoot him a message with any questions. I don't have any experience with his blades.

Edited by blunce

The metal used in their photoetched parts isn't the thin brass kind you would see in an Eduard set, LOL. The type used in the riveting tool is a steel version (I don't know the guage used) but it is strong. I was worried about how long the PE parts would last too so I bought two sets of the Rivet-r mini. So far so good but having a spare is always nice. It's worth buying in my book!