F-16DG Block 40, Kinetic 1/48

I`m about to start working on this jet. Decals will be used from the box for a USAFE 555th FS 90-0800 jet from Aviano AB in Italy. I will use Eduard photo-etched parts for cockpit and RBF tags. Here are some photos of the real F-16.

90-0800

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for long time without updates because my air compressor was malfunctioning. But now I can finally continue.

Surfacer is airbrushed and now I must make some corrections and puttying. I also ordered Aires seats and turned brass pitot tube + AOA probes.

16_1.jpg

16_2.jpg

16_3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

following this with interest as I am building two BM's based on Kinetic B's right now...hope you manage to fix the missing parts and get back in the saddle!

Finn-Ove

I added those parts a few days ago. Some progress was also made on rescribing lost panel lines and rivets. I have also installed brass pitot tube and AOA probes, more photos soon :) I`m also watching your build Finn-Ove, gotta love those big canopy 16's, right? :D I think they look much more interesting than single seaters.

16_5.jpg

Edited by Radopo

SO good to see that you got it fixed!! To be quite honest I never thought I would be building a two-seat Viper....for me they were only training planes, not the "real deal"......but THEN I got to SIT in one, oboy did that change my world..... :lol: I am totally in love with them right now...

Finn-Ove

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty pretty!! How do you mask the wheel wells??

Finn-Ove

I will mask them from outside with tamiya tape. I'm finding it easier to do than to airbrush them first before the aircraft color and then mask them from the inside.

Rado

Edited by Radopo
I will mask them from outside with tamiya tape. I'm finding it easier to do than to airbrush them first before the aircraft color and then mask them from the inside.

Rado

That may be smarter than what I did...I painted my wells in advance...now I have a headache finding out how to mask them properly...*sigh*

Finn-Ove

Really good job Rado.

I'll follow your work carefully.

I'm looking for the inspiration to start my A/B Rokaf kit to build as an Italian Viper and this thread seems to be the right place!

Hang in there with your Viper, Rado! :whistle:

Paolo

Thanks Paolo, looking forward to see your Italian Viper :jaw-dropping:

I made a mistake and had to remove the HTS pod under the intake, because Block 40 F-16s can't carry those. :thumbsup:

I'm glad that Viper has only one engine...

16_9_9.jpg