Hello all, i managed to clear coat the decals this noon. Now i applied the wash and just waiting to wipe it off. This has been a good weekend for building, lots accomplished and saved a build gone bad. Back to work tomorrow, so progress will slow down. I should be done by next weekend.

This part always makes me nervous, looks ruined but needed for the weathering process.

Don

IMG_1491a.jpg

Seems a little stark to me (IMHO). It seems to be an 'over the pond' finish to models which has rubbed off on some UK modellers.

Perhaps a slightly darker grey than the 76 would have given a more 'natural' look.

Nevertheless, an excellent model, well done on the construction side.

IAN

Hi Don,

looks much better now! Are you going to add some shades over the panellines? I´ve never worked with Model master paints, but if you add some drops of black to your RLM 76, you can create very nice shadings.

Only if you like that effect of corse.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Chris

Seems a little stark to me (IMHO). It seems to be an 'over the pond' finish to models which has rubbed off on some UK modellers.

Perhaps a slightly darker grey than the 76 would have given a more 'natural' look.

Nevertheless, an excellent model, well done on the construction side.

IAN

Aww geez!!! i was worried about overweathering this bird. Ian, you are right, it does look a little stark. Your and Chris`s suggestions about a slightly darker grey than the RLM 76 probably would have been a lot better :) :banana: Well, i`m NOT going to strip it AGAIN, i will finish it the way i usually do, but i will take a lesson from this on the slightly darker grey. The dumb part is this is such an obvious thing to do, why i haven`t done this before....sometimes the bleeding obvoius escapes me. Will try it on my next build though.

Don

Pic shows pastels usded to post shade panel lines

IMG_1496a.jpg

Don,

IMHO, I think once you start attaching the landing gear, canopy, etc. a lot of the "starkness" will go away. I'm planning on doing an all RLM 76 109 as well, you're setting the bar pretty high on this one, looks great.

i think it looks great! if you did want to tone it down a bit, perhaps you could use some of the pastels you used on the panel lines, maybe a medium grayish shade, to give the whole plane an overall dusting to mute it a bit. personally, i dig it though.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I did end up redoing the panel line post shading with white Pigments. A lot of the darkness did get toned down, not ideal, but i am pleased with it. I always wanted to build a ME109 in this scheme, reminds me of the F-15A Eagles when they were in the Air Superiority light blue scheme. This build has been a learning experience for me, i will try a different color wash for my next build. I glued the canopy shut on this one as there is very little to see. Stripping the paint also stripped much of the cockpit, i repainted as much as i could. Pics follow.

Don

IMG_1506a.jpg

IMG_1507a.jpg

IMG_1514a.jpg

IMG_1515a.jpg

Pic with my other GB entry

IMG_1509a.jpg

Looks great, especially alongside the Dora. Two cracking builds!

Whats next then?

Jen.

Hello all!! Thanks for the feedback and the constructive critique. Like i said , i learned a lot on this build. On my next build i hope to use a different wash, should give a different more uniform look (i hope). Desmojen, my next build will be the Trumpeter ME262, looks to be a straight forward build. Still haven`t figured out the color scheme yet.

Don