Hi there everyone.

This will be my first entry for this GB.

It is actually almost done, I am just waiting for the canopy masks to arrive to finish it off.

This is also my first attempt at the mottle scheme worn by the majority of German aircraft.

Here is the cockpit, just added some PE belts otherwise OOB.

Bf-110Cocpit002.jpg

Bf-110Cockpit001.jpg

Bf-110Cockpit005.jpg

And the remainder.

Bf-110RHS01.jpg

Bf-110LHS.jpg

Bf-110Underside.jpg

Now here is the problem part. both supports for the drop tanks for one side broke coming off the sprue :angry: ,

Bf-110FuelTank.jpg

so now I am trying to decide how to attach the tanks. Any advise would be appreciated

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking.

Looks great! Good work with the mottles, sure doesn't look like a first time effort. :banana:

so now I am trying to decide how to attach the tanks. Any advise would be appreciated
ummm ... glue? :rofl:

Not sure what the problem would be here. I have never built that kit, but I would think there are mounting holes in the wing, nicht wahr? Of course my usual technique is to glue wing halves together before realizing I should have drilled out mounting holes :pray:

Edited by Chuck1945

Sorry, I didn;t explain myself very well. There are suppose to those fiddly little struts on both sides of the tanks..............well I have 2 left and the other 2 broke coming off the sprue, so now I have no struts for the other side of the tanks. I positioned the remaining ones to the visible side, I may just take a piece of paperclip and drill into the tanks, then super glue them into the wing.

Thanks for the kind comments on the mottle Chuck.

Ted

Edited by klimmer

Thanks Mike,

Once I have the masks for the canopy it will be a quick finsh from there, just dull coat and exhaust staining.

Oh I still have to fix the fuel tanks..................I still want them on the airframe.

Any suggestions on my next build for this GB.

I Have Gallands 262 in 1/32 (Hasagawa) or the Pro-modler Fw-190-D11

Tedf

Edited by klimmer
Any suggestions on my next build for this GB.

I Have Gallands 262 in 1/32 (Hasagawa) or the Pro-modler Fw-190-D11

I vote for Gallands 262!

Your bf110 looks great! Mottle and cockpit are great!

Edited by moeggo

Regarding the underwing fuel tanks, your idea of using rods from a cut up paper clip would be good, plenty strong. Once the two mostly vertical pieces are in place, you could add the cross brace. Thich super glue or 5 minute epoxy would work well.

Plastic rod, such as Evergreen's stuff would also work, not as strong, but perhaps easier to work with.

Edited by Chuck1945

Looks good Ted....I would build the 232 next.....only because I have one in my stash and I'd like to

see how it goes together :cheers:

When I built my ProModeller 110 (almost identical kit....except for radar array) I almost broke

the tank supports taking them off the sprue too. I sympathize with you. Some small parts are

like that....the force of even the sprue snippers anywhere near them makes them break. To add

insult to injury, the braces need to be stretched a bit to fit the holes in the wing....or at least they

did on the PM kit.

:banana:

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I actually opened the 262 box, and was kind of disappointed with the level of detail of the kit. Especially the cockpit. It is a large kit, and I guess I was expecting a higher level of detail. Oh well.

Jay,

That sounds like a challenge to do the 190.

I still haven't decided ????????

:thumbsup: Everyone

Ted

• 1 month later...

Well I have finally finished. :cheers: ;) :banana:

Here are the completed pictures.

Bf11001.jpg

Bf11002.jpg

Bf11003.jpg

Bf11004.jpg

Bf11005.jpg

Bf11007.jpg

Bf11008.jpg

Bf11009.jpg

I hope you guys like it. The dull coat din't come out as well as I would have liked, but overall I am happy with it.

:cheers: Ted

P.S: I decided to give the 262 "Galland" bird a shot as my second entry.

Hopefully I can do it justice.

Hi Ted,

I really like your -110. Very interesting markings and a well done model! Keep us updated on Galland's Me-262.

Cheers,

Shawn

PS If, as you state, you were not satisfied with the flat clear coat, what brand did you use? I ask because a lot of people here, me included, really like PollyScale acrylic flat coat.

• 2 weeks later...