awesome job Jeff! The weathering and chipping makes it look just right, nice and used! I know what is bugging you about the wing filet chipping. On alot of WWII planes, pilots and crew would walk up that part of the wing all the time. On the Dora, because of where the ladder step and foot and hand holds are, you really wouldnt need to step on the wing to get in the plane, so it wouldnt chip like a plane where you did board from the wing. heck, either way you did a fantastic job!

Thanks for all the kind words guys :blink: I love the way the Hase kit falls together....and the

1/32 cries for some extra detail. I might just have to build another one......especially with the

resin engine and gun cowls that arrived too late for this kit. :D

The Japo book is amazing too....can't wait for Volume 2 to hit the shelves

Did you notice something wrong with the antenna too :doh:

Yeah....his 84 looks awfully gray/white to me. I just held up the bottom of a Hurricane IIc I have on the shelf

beside the paint chip in the Squadron book and it's pretty darn close. The colours on the bottom are

a real 'dogs breakfast' ..... the front lower panels and landing gear covers are RLM75 ...weird :banana:

Here's the Squadron image....it's awfully green. The port wing in this profile conflicts

with the NMF finish shown on the EagleCal sheet.

Squadron1.jpg

correct me if i`m wrong, but... that is supposed to be RLM81 going on the back of the fuselage....You have painted it 83(dunkel grun) why?

also,the upper surfaces were painted in light gray primer and grauviolet using a nonstandard pattern...

Edited by lisec
correct me if i`m wrong, but... that is supposed to be RLM81 going on the back of the fuselage....You have painted it 83(dunkel grun) why?

also,the upper surfaces were painted in light gray primer and grauviolet using a nonstandard pattern...

The same EagleCal sheet that gives the 77/75 topside camo has the 81 starting further back than the

Squadron profile. If you look closely you will see the 81 on mine. As to the top-side there have been

conflicting opinions. I actually went with 83/75 on somebody elses advice (Marko maybe?) but used

the EagleCal non-standard pattern. Thanks for the input....I could have used it 3 months back :(

Sorry for the timely answer... :beer4: :)

Why I asked- yours 81 looks wey too green(i know, at some factories it was called green...), and it7s supposed to be more brownish. I can only asume that it`s because you`ve painted it wint Gunze`s acrylics which need a tang of red paint to get that brownviolet look.Or it is the lighting and then i`m :D

Sorry for the timely answer... :lol: :)

Why I asked- yours 81 looks wey too green(i know, at some factories it was called green...), and it7s supposed to be more brownish. I can only asume that it`s because you`ve painted it wint Gunze`s acrylics which need a tang of red paint to get that brownviolet look.Or it is the lighting and then i`m :shoot:

Nah...it's ModelMaster Enamel. I think maybe it looks greener because of the light, the chalk dusting and

the presence of all the other green. Now that you mention it the paint does look a little too green

in the bottle; maybe I got a bad batch of braunviolet too. :beer4:

If you go back over the thread to the point I put the camo down, you will see it set against the

RLM84. It looked browner then.....must be lighting/white balance and the camera

Also( oh,wow i love being a party pooper...), your right wing split open at the root...Tis a shame to leave it like that

Missed that....but it was probably the near vertical nose dive it took to the kitchen floor while the

flat was drying :thumbsup: You mean the leading edge though, not the root .... correct?

Great and beautiful build. I am no where near your skills in my modeling. Builders like you inspire me and keep me going, (for someday I will be almost as good too!) Quite the controversy on the RLM camouflage colors. I think it increases the plane’s interest and certainly its build creativity. Besides, by the end of WWII it was all anarchy in the Third Reich. No one should be too dogmatic.

Great and beautiful build. I am no where near your skills in my modeling. Builders like you inspire me and keep me going, (for someday I will be almost as good too!) Quite the controversy on the RLM camouflage colors. I think it increases the plane’s interest and certainly its build creativity. Besides, by the end of WWII it was all anarchy in the Third Reich. No one should be too dogmatic.

Thanks for that Michael. I'm really not that good, but I think I have improved exponentially since

(re)starting last year. This is mostly due to signing up here and getting inspiration from all of the great

builders here. It's a solitary activity in its essence but it's nice to share with people with similar

interests as well as getting ideas for solving common problems. The Internet is a major influence

in this regard; too bad it wasn't around when I was a kid doing this maybe I would not have given

up on it.

:cheers:

Jeff, your Dora looks great!

I would not worry about the wing uppersurface colors too much, there is one picture of ''Blue 12'' that I have in one of my books that was taken from a low flying airplane and shows the wings uppersurfaces and there is enough contrast between the two colors and look like 75 and 83 or 82 to me. Someone else might look at the same photograph say it is painted in 75 and 77, so it is really up to the modeller to decide the colors to be used.

Matrixone

Jeff, your Dora looks great!

I would not worry about the wing uppersurface colors too much, there is one picture of ''Blue 12'' that I have in one of my books that was taken from a low flying airplane and shows the wings uppersurfaces and there is enough contrast between the two colors and look like 75 and 83 or 82 to me. Someone else might look at the same photograph say it is painted in 75 and 77, so it is really up to the modeller to decide the colors to be used.

Matrixone

is it possible that you could e-mail me that pic?

i`m really interested in that one, i have a set of decals and are begining to get interested in that black 12(or blue)

lisec,

I don't have access to a scanner right now so getting a copy of the ariel view picture is not possible at this time.

Just a few moments ago I was looking at that picture again and also looked at the EagleCals #60 instruction sheet. The b/w picture at the bottom of the decal instruction sheet that shows the outer portion of the left wing uppersurfaces the colors look very pale and very much like a light gray/75 combination of colors. However look at how light the colors on the fuselage look in this picture, they appear very faded from weathering. This picture was taken in what looks like a scrapyard so there is no telling how long the a/c was exposed to the elements.

In the secend b/w picture from the top on the EagleCals instruction sheet there is another picture that shows the left wing and two different shades of paint can be seen (just barely!) and these colors (to me) look like a possible 75/83 or 75/82 combination.

I also am planning on building a model of ''Blue 12'' but I think I will wait to build mine until the Dora books by Jerry Crandall and the second volume of the Japo Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings are made available so I will avoid choosing the wrong colors for my model. That has happened to me in the past a few times and I hate it when it does. :yahoo:

Matrixone