Seamless intakes for Hasegawa F-16s

I was thinking of doing seamless intakes for the Hasegawa kit, both NSI (small mouth) and MCID (big mouth) intakes. i was just wondering, how important is it to you guys that the intake has the correct length of internal trunking? one of the bigger problems i face is when seamless intakes have to be put together with the aires wheel bay set, requiring a little bit of magic and hope.

Would seamless intakes with a shorter trunking work for you guys? ie, one that the compressor face is located at where the "intake wall" is. (i define the intake wall to be the wall that you see at the back of the intake when you build the Hasegawa kit intake OOB). my gut feeling is that it would be easier to mate it with other resin bits, and people seldom look into the intakes anyway.

it will most probably look like the intakes in my F-16CJ build:

http://s102164210.onlinehome.us/forums/ind...showtopic=69229

let me know if it's ok with you guys to have that depth. and of course, the intake lip will be separate for ease of painting.

thanks

David

I'd be fine with a shorter intake. I used the Cutting Edge big mouth on my Syracuse Viper, but could not make the trunk fit over the wheel well. I ended up gluing the compressor blades to the back of the intake (similar to what you are talking about). It looks good to me and way better than the OOB intakes.

Sign me up for a handful of both when you release them.

I'd be fine with a shorter intake. I used the Cutting Edge big mouth on my Syracuse Viper, but could not make the trunk fit over the wheel well. I ended up gluing the compressor blades to the back of the intake (similar to what you are talking about). It looks good to me and way better than the OOB intakes.

Sign me up for a handful of both when you release them.

I agree. I am not too worried about the depth, especially when I am the only one who looks at my models who knows the difference anyways (except when I post them on here that is) Sign me up for a couple!

Aaron

I was thinking of doing seamless intakes for the Hasegawa kit, both NSI (small mouth) and MCID (big mouth) intakes. i was just wondering, how important is it to you guys that the intake has the correct length of internal trunking? one of the bigger problems i face is when seamless intakes have to be put together with the aires wheel bay set, requiring a little bit of magic and hope.

Would seamless intakes with a shorter trunking work for you guys? ie, one that the compressor face is located at where the "intake wall" is. (i define the intake wall to be the wall that you see at the back of the intake when you build the Hasegawa kit intake OOB). my gut feeling is that it would be easier to mate it with other resin bits, and people seldom look into the intakes anyway.

it will most probably look like the intakes in my F-16CJ build:

http://s102164210.onlinehome.us/forums/ind...showtopic=69229

let me know if it's ok with you guys to have that depth. and of course, the intake lip will be separate for ease of painting.

thanks

David

David,

If you make it, I will buy it. 'Nuff said. Gedeeup!!! Starta' casting! Big and small mouths will work for me!!

Jarrod Cunningham

Austin, Texas

:cheers:

I agree. I am not too worried about the depth, especially when I am the only one who looks at my models who knows the difference anyways (except when I post them on here that is) Sign me up for a couple!

Aaron

ps. Could you also do a PW exhaust? Either covered or not? I know Darren said that he will have a covered one out some time in the future, but a nice un-covered one would be cool.

Aaron

David,

I thought Darren said he was going to to an uncovered G.E. ; he already does a covered G.E. in his sets. Now what would work is a PRATT uncovered. Aires did one while ago, but its been a while since I've seen one around. Cutting Edge (I think) does one in 48th? If it is anything like thier 32nd scale one there are dimensional issues in where the inside of the can meets the kit exhaust tubing. The CE exhaust in 32nd is smaller in diameter than the Hase exhaust tube, so it looks a little wierd. I would venture to guess if they do one in 48th the same issue may be present.

Jarrod Cunningham

Austin, Texas

Edited by jcunny
Aires did one while ago, but its been a while since I've seen one around.

jcunny,

I picked up a P&W can from Sprue Bros. Got one all prepped waiting

for a primer coat. I'm building a Block 52 jet from the SCANG.

So, P&W burner, NSI intake: luckily both are included in the kit (as

DO NOT USE items), but in the kit. (Hasegawa kit #V10/2200-

F-16CJ Block 50 Fighting Falcon.)

Anyway, Aires P&W burner IS still available; you just need to look

around a bit.

Regards,

Jim

Edited by JimC

here's the funny thing:

if you try and mate Hasegawa's P&W exhaust with revell's F-15E exhaust, you find that, strangely, they don't fit. in theory they're supposed to be the same size right? you'd think...

now, about this "seamless" intakes... seems like the response isn't too good?

David

To add to my post above: we Viper builders desperately need a seamless NSI intake, so I don't think you'll have a problem selling them. I have a number of small mouth kits that need better intakes than what Hasegawa provides.

So please, go forward with this project. Is there an "on my knees begging" emoticon? :blink:

To add to my post above: we Viper builders desperately need a seamless NSI intake, so I don't think you'll have a problem selling them. I have a number of small mouth kits that need better intakes than what Hasegawa provides.

So please, go forward with this project. Is there an "on my knees begging" emoticon? :P

yea.. we're desperately need those seamless NSI intake... :blink:

the one in the market right now is either OOP or sold-out already...

kuman