F-16 Ordnance Question

Gents:

During OEF per Code One Magazine F-16's carried the 7 round rocket pods for target marking. My first question is would they have had the ogival front on them or just the flat plate? Seen a photo from Allied Force with the ogival front. The second question is would they have the same end piece on the back of the pod as well? The Italeri weapon set has the 7 rod pod with flat ends in 1/72. The Hasegawa weapons sets have the 4 and 19 rod pods. Is there a source for the 7 rod pod with ogival ends or do I need to scratch build it?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I've only seen the covers on the pods carried during OAF by the 31FW at Aviano. The CAS mission is taught by the 56FW at Luke, and they don't use the covers on their pods.

Jake

The front fairings, if used, significantly reduce drag--at least until the first rocket is fired. There is an open rear fairing to funnel debris from firing the rockets directly behind the aircraft. It is 8 inches long and narrows to a 5.5-in opening at the rear.

Look! Its an F-16 trying to do its best attack helicopter impression!

Actually, it's an F-16 doing its best to carry air-to-ground ordnance without immediately running out of gas. :thumbsup:

F-16 pilots motto: "Vini, Vidi, Bingodici" I came, I saw, I Bingoed and RTBed. :)