Dan's Vulcan

Wow, what can you say. From the ashes to the ....eer....ashes i suppose. Absolutely fantastic. Really sad to look at, yet compelling. Portrays the fallen warrior very well. I just can't stop myself admiring it. After all the outstanding builds we see on this site of pristine, airworthy, aircraft this is the one that has captivated me the most. I think I'll need to get a second Vulcan after seeing this.

Very well done Dan. And I feel for you, having never seen her fly. The classic right hand turn with the bay doors open, just before she goes nearly vertical on full thrust. It took my breath away every time. It really was something to feel, not just see.

Nigel.

Dan - I have seen Vulcans looking just like that, and it is always so sad to see. I am also lucky enough to have seen the Vulcan fly on many occasions and can vouch for what Cop says - it is truly the greatest show-stopper there ever was!

Your model diorama brought back many memories - it is excellent.

Hey Man, nice job on your Vulcan. :cheers:

I too had the chance to see/hear/feel one fly. It was an Armed Forces Day open house down at Andrews A.F.B. years ago. I remember that huge sting ray-looking noise maker very well. I also remember all the little childred in strollers crying because the "monster" in the sky was SO loud!

There must be one back up and flying- looks like "new" video on the web...

Holiday skies, Wiggy