1/48 Monogram PBY-5 Catalina

Well I got home from work today and there sitting at my door was a package from the US. I thought it was some 1/48 He 111 Decals that I got off ebay for the North Africa GB coming up.... BUT NO!

It was the RNZAF Decals from David Lake!!! Wow 4 days to travel from US to New Zealand!!! Great Work US Post and NZ Post!!!!!

I hoping to get the decals on this weekend!!

• 2 weeks later...

update for now is -

I finish doing the decals the other week and gave it a coat of future and the rounduls start to get air bubbles in them after the coat of future. I have been putting pin holes in coating them in more future and I have got most of the bubbles out. I have also guled on at the small bits and depth charges were added too. Just waiting for the front turret to arrive from the US and I will start weathering this big Cat!

pby-25.jpg

pby-26.jpg

Thanks Doc! She getting there! But I have put her aside for the mo till I get the front Turret and plus I have a couple DotR entries that I have to finish! Or I lose a bet with my wife................ LONG STORY!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I really happy how this one has turned out! I still have another set of RNZAF decals for another PBY-5! So does anyone have a spare 1/48 PBY-5 that they want to sell to me??