VFA-2 Bounty Hunters

In reality, it all comes down to PLASTIC.

In that, plastic (composites) don't like the paint stripping chemicals and when they swap jets, stripping the langley stripes and whatever else off damages the planes.

It wasn't an issue with the tomcat as all the leaking fuel/hydraulic fluid kept the paint pretty loose anyway :nanner:

Well, then the Navy should invset in some industrial sized bottles of Testors Paint Thinner!! :)

Chappie

103 has never had stripes on the super hornet, but to answer your question, yes....for the line jets anyway.

I just hope they don't lose their new dark grey tails once they are back from Deployment ... :cheers:

Gregg

• 1 month later...

You guys with your info make me feel like I'm on a rollersoaster !

Thanks for the update Brian !

So, Victory 201 will be a lo-viz jet then ... Gotcha ... Anyone else with an up-update ? :lol:

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
This was taken early on in the deployment, under a dreary sun.

JollyRogers2-Ship.jpg

Jeff

Great shot Jeff. Any guesses as to what 204 has on the right wing? Since I'm a Revell guy when it comes to Rhinos I'm looking for one tank loads. I sure hope someone makes some resin tanks for the Revell kits.

Chappie

Great shot Jeff. Any guesses as to what 204 has on the right wing?

Chappie

Chappie-

More than likely a fuel tank and either a GBU-12 or GBU-38.

We'll be including all the load outs that have been currently carried by 103 on this deployment on our VFA-103 Part II sheet.

Same here. having problems on other threads also.

Mike

Go to my computer and I think right click on your hard drive icon then hit properties, general and disk cleanup. Should fix it.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
Go to my computer and I think right click on your hard drive icon then hit properties, general and disk cleanup. Should fix it.

Thats not it. I even right clicked on the image and got the address and tried to open a new page with that address and I still get nothing. I can see photo's in other threads ok just not here.

Mike

Chappie,

They carried a second tank on the right inboard pylon with a GBU-38 outside of that. The left side was usually another GBU-38, GBU-12 and GBU-12 in that order from in to out. Throw in an AIM-9X on one if the rails and you're good.

Jeff

P.S. Great shot of #200 (166620) Dave. What platform were you shooting from?

707 with 40 year old glass.

707 with 40 year old glass.

Whew, I'm just glad it wasn't a really tall ladder Dave ! :crying2:

That shot of Victory 201 should be posterized, Stunning ! :thumbsup:

Gregg