For those of you that are looking for the F-2A, hobbybuy.com has them on sale for $20, the F-8J for $22 and the 1/32 F-5E for $19.

I've bought from them 8 times since december and they've been outstanding. Spruebrothers type service!My stuff has always shown up the next day (I happen to live near their warehouse so that helps!)

-brian

Can the XF-2A be built as a regular F-2A?

AFAIK yes.

Actually I am rather surprised at the retail price of the F-2s at hobbybuy. 40.99 compared to 26.99 at LM (the F-2A is 22.99).

Of course with the current 50% off discount, its cheaper for you US folks.

Yes, hobbybuy.com is in the US. Sorry, sometimes I forget that this is a world forum... I know that their warehouse, if not everything is in the greater Los Angeles, CA area. Don't know about their international shipping. Being in los angeles myself, I get my orders the next day, but they ship fedex ground standard.

Almost forgot - add the hasegawa sale code and get another 10% off!!! that makes the F-2 $18.45 and the F-8J $19.80!!

Edited by Brian P
Yes, hobbybuy.com is in the US. Sorry, sometimes I forget that this is a world forum... I know that their warehouse, if not everything is in the greater Los Angeles, CA area. Don't know about their international shipping. Being in los angeles myself, I get my orders the next day, but they ship fedex ground standard.

Almost forgot - add the hasegawa sale code and get another 10% off!!! that makes the F-2 $18.45 and the F-8J $19.80!!

:salute: Now you tell me about the ten%! :doh:

Robert

Robert - I'd say email them tonight before it ships and see what they say. I've combined orders after placing them and they've been very accomodating.

-b

Brian,

Yep already did, No real big deal....still better than paying $40.00+ dollars for the kit.

Thanks,

Robert

Too late...

ALL the iterations of the F-2 (F-2A, XF-2A) are

completely out of stock at this time, in both

1/72 AND 1/48.

Oh, well...maybe next time!

Edited by JimC

Wow! That was fast. THey just put them up on the site this morning. Some other things stayed up for 2 months! Gues people want those F-2 or they didn't have that many...Good thing I only build Tomcats :salute:

-brian

...actually I just checked the site and they still have them...just look under the 50% off...

Edited by Brian P
...actually I just checked the site and they still have them...just look under the 50% off...

Brian,

I did a search on their site since I couldn't find them...

they all showed up as "Out of Stock"

*edit* I just checked under the 50% off sale...I still couldn't find 'em

I really don't think that there are any left.

If you can find them, can you provide a link, please?

Thank you...

Jim

Edited by JimC

Jim - Did a search for "F-2", here's what I got -

http://www.hobbybuy.com/us/hblist.asp?sear...Search+Products

shows a 1/48 XF-2A, a 1/72 F-2A/B and a 1/72 F-2B

Here's the direct link to the 1/48 XF-2A thru the 50% off saver.

http://www.hobbybuy.com/us/prodi.asp?pid=HAS09558

www.hobbybuy.com

Now I feel like I'm doing a commercial.

-brian

I ordered a couple of the XF-2A and forgot to put the Hase code for the discount, so I emailed them and Chris got back to me and credited my cc. Top notch service if you ask me and shipped the models right away.

way to go Hobbybuy I will be back

Dan