Hi all,

The title says it all really! I know nothing about airliner kits but i would like to make a special one in 1/144.

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get:

a) a decent (or at least workable) injection or vacform kit (what is minicraft one like? is it the only one?)

<_< British Airways scheme (current Union Flag/Chatham Royal Dockyard livery)

c) any aftermarket stuff like wheels, engine cowls, fans etc in this scale?

I have searched ARC and Googled with little joy so i though I'd ask the experts! (that's YOU!)

All the best,

Al

there is the minicraft (more readily available) or the Doyusha kit.

There are some issues with the trailing edges of the minicraft wings..as well as some isues with engine spinner counts.

as far as decals ..there is airline-hobby.com which has lots of airliner stuff.

in the UK Hannants is prety good as well...David hannant follows the airline crowd as well...

HTH

Eric

Hi all,

The title says it all really! I know nothing about airliner kits but i would like to make a special one in 1/144.

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get:

a) a decent (or at least workable) injection or vacform kit (what is minicraft one like? is it the only one?)

:beer4: British Airways scheme (current Union Flag/Chatham Royal Dockyard livery)

c) any aftermarket stuff like wheels, engine cowls, fans etc in this scale?

I have searched ARC and Googled with little joy so i though I'd ask the experts! (that's YOU!)

All the best,

Al

Go to f-dcal.net and look at Reference : FD14131 for the Union Flag 777. Hannants.co.uk also has the 777 in the Landor scheme (which I like much better, but to each his own.)

I also think the Minicraft kit is nice.

The Minicraft kit isn't bad, although the thick trailing edges of the wings do require a bit of elbow grease and some coarse grit paper to sand down. The fan number issues were related to the first offerings of the RR and PW engined jets as the toolers got the numbers of blades reversed between the two jets. I think the PW powered models still have this problem, but it was corrected on subsequent RR issued kits, so only the American Airlines 777 has this problem (the Delta and Singapore ones do not). The RR Trent blades do have a gentle curve to them though and this isn't represented on the kit parts.

As for decals, I have the DRAW decal printed Union flag livery that was done with F-DCAL's art and it looks great. Xtradecal also did a sheet (it may still be available from Hannants) and although the tail art is maybe not quite as good IMHO as the F-DCAL sheet, it looks the part. For BA jets, you have your choice of either RR Trents (Delta and Singapore boxings), or GE engines (available in the Continental and the PSA boxings of the Minicraft kit).

I'll put in my 2 cents about the Hasegawa 1/200 kit. GEs are hard to find(Air France and Lauda boxings), but can use RRs too(American, Singapore or Thai boxing) Might still be able to get older DrawDecals from Russell at Airline Hobby Supplies. Had low stock of Chatham(I've done one) and might have Landor(except need GE for sure to do that).