Adding weight to a 1/48 B-25J ideas?

:D Hello Everyone:

I am back into building planes again, LOL :)

I have been working on ideas of adding weight to the font half of the B-25J's I am building in 1/48 scale.

Apache Princess and Cactus Kitten

so far I have found these stick on weights used in model railroading, and I decided to put them in the area where the gun turret goes, or the crawlspace for the bombadier,

What have some of you out there done to solve this?,

the planes are going to be ceiling hanger when I am done, have to add planes to the computer room :)

in the past on the B-29's I have put put in the tunnel over the bomb bay and in the cowlings,

always interested to hear ideas.

take care

George :coolio:

A small testors paint bottle fits. Just secure it in place so it does not move.

The paint was dried up and useless, garbage or a weight.

Reduce reuse and recycle eh?

:D Hello Everyone:

I am back into building planes again, LOL :)

I have been working on ideas of adding weight to the font half of the B-25J's I am building in 1/48 scale.

Apache Princess and Cactus Kitten

so far I have found these stick on weights used in model railroading, and I decided to put them in the area where the gun turret goes, or the crawlspace for the bombadier,

What have some of you out there done to solve this?,

the planes are going to be ceiling hanger when I am done, have to add planes to the computer room :)

in the past on the B-29's I have put put in the tunnel over the bomb bay and in the cowlings,

always interested to hear ideas.

take care

George :coolio:

Hi George,

Problem solved. I make and market nose weights for the B-25, B-29 and many others. The B-25 weight sells for $2.50 each, shipping included.

HTH, Terry

Another tip on B-25s in particular, if you have the glass nose and don't want the weight to be visible in the bombadier's tunnel, is to put weight just behind the engines. It's close to the pivot point, so you have to put more of it, but I've heard it works.

I don't understand. If the planes are going to be ceiling hangers, it doesn't matter too much where the CG is. I would think you could hang it level without regard to whether it will be a "tail sitter".

Terry, where does your weight go?

Pete

Hi George,

Problem solved. I make and market nose weights for the B-25, B-29 and many others. The B-25 weight sells for $2.50 each, shipping included.

HTH, Terry

Hi Terry

That's great that you market nose weights but, perhaps me being relatively new to these parts, how do I get in touch with you to buy some ?

Thanks

-keith

Hi Keith,

I post my weights on the Buy&Sell forum here on ARC. Currently my post is on page 10(need to repost it.) Ordering info is there. After you check out the list, e-mail me with your shopping list so I can have it ready to go when the $$ arrives.

Pete, the B-25 weight goes in the nose gear well.

I wouldn't recommend putting weight behind the engines in the B-25 kit. That would over stress the main gear.

Hope All This Helps, Terry

Hello Everyone:

thanks for all of the tips,

as for it being a ceiling hanger, I add the weight just in case I want to put on a shelf for a while,

I just wanted some input and hear what all of you do for it,

as for buying weights, I usally go to wal mart and pickup the fishing weights and glue them in spots where no one can see,

I found something that works great, and it is cheap,

Hunter ceiling fans sells this sheet of adhesive lead, it is about 1/16th thick and this stuff hides easily and you can paint over it.

I have casted my own weights in the past when I went overboard, it is not hard to do, buy this, buy that, ouch my wallet :unsure:

but i just wanted to hear what everyone has done to their planes.

take care

George

I was just about to suggest that adhesive lead tape, that stuff comes in handy and is very versatile. The adhesive can be remove with alcohol if you need to but its flat enough that you can layer it if need be. It could be attached to the bottom of floor sections and stashed away in areas you can't see. Good stuff and you can probably pick it up at most building supply stores.