Cobra resin cockpit for A-1E

Hello.

I'm Roger. I'm new in ARC.

I have a problem. I'd like to scratch the cockpit for the Matchbox fat Spad. My other option is to purchase the Cobra cockpit, but shipment is too expensive where I live. Also, I'm afraid that it doesn't complete my expectations regarding quality.

Could Anyone put here close pics of the 1/48 A-1E Cobra Cockpit, so then I'd decide to purchase or not?

Thanks in advance

Roger

As a long-time user of Cobra Company Products, I can safely say that Chris' stuff is absolutely tops as far as both quality and cost goes. I've got numerous CC Cobra cockpits, Seasprite cockpits, rocket pods, AH/MH-6 updates, etc and have never been disappointed.

Jon

Hello.

I'm Roger. I'm new in ARC.

I have a problem. I'd like to scratch the cockpit for the Matchbox fat Spad. My other option is to purchase the Cobra cockpit, but shipment is too expensive where I live. Also, I'm afraid that it doesn't complete my expectations regarding quality.

Could Anyone put here close pics of the 1/48 A-1E Cobra Cockpit, so then I'd decide to purchase or not?

Thanks in advance

Roger

Try here, this may help:

http://cobracompany.com/48010.htm

The only comment I have on the Cobra cockpit is it only represents the non ejection seat version that the NAVY used and early USAF birds. For the ejection seat option, the CE seat is a little wide and I found a set from C&H aero that worked. You can modify the CE seat or scratch build a seat if you are unable to fins someone with a spare C&H seat.

**EDIT**

I am sure this is not an option (cost $60) but the conversion set from C&H includes the Cobra set and includes all the necessary conversion parts.

Edited by drhornii
The only comment I have on the Cobra cockpit is it only represents the non ejection seat version that the NAVY used and early USAF birds. For the ejection seat option, the CE seat is a little wide and I found a set from C&H aero that worked. You can modify the CE seat or scratch build a seat if you are unable to fins someone with a spare C&H seat.

**EDIT**

I am sure this is not an option (cost $60) but the conversion set from C&H includes the Cobra set and includes all the necessary conversion parts.

Nice job..I got an RCVP resin 1/72 A-I going now..about to do the Vietnam thing with it...I like your loadout..I may duplicate it..I remember lots of pics of the Spad's back then..The special ops or Sandy mission guys flew with any loadout the thing would lug and it would lug everything. I am interested in the canopy section. I never knew that the front slid back like that.

Edited by Via Sistina
I am interested in the canopy section. I never knew that the front slid back like that.

I used the Squadron Vacuuform canopy. If you go that route, buy two canopies. If you are like me, I messed up part of one and needed a replacement section.

Where do you live that shipping would be that expensive?

Probably anywhere but the US. Int'l buyers have to pay much higher prices than the US customers.

It's his business, and he can run it as he sees fit, but I don't personally agree with CC's Int'l shipping policies. The $10 and $20 base cost is pretty hard for me to swallow, as the actual postage cost from Maryland to me in Ottawa is much lower.

That said, I can understand why he's doing it, but unfortunately, it has stopped me from ordering any more his product. Too bad, as he has always offered an excellent product, and good customer service to back it up.

Nice job..a got an RCVP resin 1/72 A-I going now..about to do the Vietnam thing with it...I like your loadout..I may duplicate it..I remember lots of pics of the Spad's back then..The special ops or Sandy mission guys flew with any loadout the thing would lug and it would lug everything. I am interested in the canopy section. I never knew that the front slid back like that.

Not taking away from David's build at all. But, another thing about the forward canopy is that they slid back independently of each other. Just for reference.

Not taking away from David's build at all. But, another thing about the forward canopy is that they slid back independently of each other. Just for reference.

I was contemplating partially closing one of the fwd canpies just to reflect that but I installed both of them fully open. Matchbox has the FWD canopy as a single piece affair.

I was contemplating partially closing one of the fwd canpies just to reflect that but I installed both of them fully open. Matchbox has the FWD canopy as a single piece affair.

Yea, I know. After I got started on mine I kinda wished I had opted for the C&H conversion.

If I do another that's exactly what I'm gonna do!

Hi again. Thankyu very very much for your wellcome and your answers.

David Horn, your A-1 is what I'd like to do.

I tought about the C&H, but I'm sure that it must be a copy of the Matchbox fuselage, because if the cobra cockpit is designed for the Matchbox and fit to the C&H...........

I saw another conversion, for the Italeri (!!!!!), from Poland in eBay. It was exactly a Matchbox fuselage copy with the Italeri wings. The eBayer has sold at least two of them (50-60$ one)

bigspadqs8.th.jpg

Finally, I will purchase the Cobra.

Thanks to all again

Ramiro

Hi again. Thankyu very very much for your wellcome and your answers.

David Horn, your A-1 is what I'd like to do.

I tought about the C&H, but I'm sure that it must be a copy of the Matchbox fuselage, because if the cobra cockpit is designed for the Matchbox and fit to the C&H...........

I saw another conversion, for the Italeri (!!!!!), from Poland in eBay. It was exactly a Matchbox fuselage copy with the Italeri wings. The eBayer has sold at least two of them (50-60$ one)

bigspadqs8.th.jpg

Finally, I will purchase the Cobra.

Thanks to all again

Ramiro

The C&H is indeed a copy from the Matchbox and Tamiya fuselage. All the kitbashing is complete and a resin copy made of the conversion. The kit also has all the other updates to the A-1E as well such as wheel bay updates and other odds & ends. One big selling item in the kit is the "yankee" extraction (seat) system. The seat is basic but really makes the kit stand out.

BTW, thanks for the compliment. The kitbash was a lot of work but well worth the trouble. Wanted to do that conversion for 10 years and finally finished it early this year.