72nd Monogram, Shaw OIF Apache killer

Decided to jump in as full blast as I could since I had 3 days off as the wife had some kidney stone procedure. Got in about a day and a half of good building. Thought I'd start 72nd and work my way up. I know how good the RoG kit is, so I started there. The whole project is donations, Hal (aka Breadboard) for the decals, and Jim (Lobo175fs) for the kit (Thanks guys!!). Jim said he can't see 72nd anymore, so he gave me his 72nd Vipers to build. Anyway, pretty easy build so far. I spray painted the MLG wells, and intake flat white. I'll Future them later. Spray painted the pit Dk Gull. Built my loadout, and filled the very few seams that needed it. Total time into its only about 3-4 hours. I kinda like this scale at times. Anyway, here ya go. Broke off most of the static elec. dischargers with my fat fingers. oh well.

viper2GB001.jpg

Seat...I just had to dress it a bit, new foil belts and side pitot thingies, and some wire, looks better...

viper2GB002.jpg

viper2GB003.jpg

The rest, a very quick build for a change, i see why Mike O'Hare is in love with it...

viper2GB004.jpg

viper2GB006.jpg

viper2GB005.jpg

I hope I can actually finish this one within the next couple of weeks, I got a vaca coming up to Wisconsin, no models....

Jeff

Edited by jefropas

I've got the new-tool kit as well. You give me hope that it'll be a quick build <_<

I wonder if I should leave the burner sub-assembly off until after painting, so that I don't mess up the paint detail on the feathers? What are your thoughts? It's either leave the tail off or leave the can off, because the tail and the can sort of get too close to each other to paint both IMO.

Mark,

I actually painted the inside of the burner can already. I'll just mask it off when I get final detail painting and all. It really goes together quick, I bet further ones will as well, except that I'll probably be building Hasegawa, since thats what Jim gave me. If you look in the gallery here, there a bunch of nice RoG kits done.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

I finally started working on this bad boy again, intake work (yuck!) anyway, I'll post a pic when I get some more work done. I also did some on my Reserves GB F-16ADF too, I may try and finish it along with these, just not enter it.

Jeff

• 2 months later...

Its been a long while, I hope to get my build finished here before the deadline. Did alot of painting this past few weeks when temps allow, 3 F-16's, 10 HARM's, all the tanks, weapons, etc.

snowfun08022.jpg

My TX AFRES F-16A

snowfun08021.jpg

Weapons,etc...

snowfun08024.jpg

Hope the basement stays dry and warm(er)

Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suck, can't finish anything, ever. Been tearing out a plaster ceiling and installing a new one for the wife. I'll finish these 3 soon, gotta, before the AB ANG sheet comes out. I think I'll try and finish a non F-16 to break it up first. Once the bench is cleared a bit, I'll probably join another GB, one plane at a time, not 2 (kinda 3). I'll finish these in the Critique Corner.

Jeff