Trumpeter P-40 B/C in 72nd at Hannants

This is the only sprue shot I've seen. Looks pretty nice..I'll definately be grabbing a couple. I can't really tell if the 1/72 kit features the too-shallow-cockpits of the 1/32 and 1/48 kits. I believe the Hobby Boss P-40B/C may be a simplified version of the Trumpeter kit, and the Hobby Boss is very nice (probably the best I've seen in 1/72, albeit a little short on detail.)

SN

dsc03813.jpg

Edited by Steve N

OUCH! Around $16 USD for a ~37-part 1/72nd plane that's small even by 1/72nd standards??

When the Academy version costs only $2-$3 USD in some cases, and is considered to be a very nice kit (relatively new tooling, no less), I can't see spending so much on a single Trumpeter kit.

OUCH! Around $16 USD for a ~37-part 1/72nd plane that's small even by 1/72nd standards??

When the Academy version costs only $2-$3 USD in some cases, and is considered to be a very nice kit (relatively new tooling, no less), I can't see spending so much on a single Trumpeter kit.

Or to look at it another way, the Academy kit isn't *that* new, and suffers from significant shape issues. (And yes, I built one a number of years ago...)

US$16 is a comparable price to Hasegawa, and should be comparable quality/accuracy. It's a bit cheaper, and should be *far* easier to build than the AML (which I have also built).

Since I already have the AML on the shelf, I won't rush out and pick this one up, but I can certainly see myself grabbing one down the line...

I picked up one at Telford yesterday, it's a nice kit in terms of detail. opinion of those who know is that it is scaled down from their bigger kits.

itcertainly is based on thesame data 9shapes etc) as the Hobbyboss one, but is more detailled.

The cockpit floor is too shallow.

As for fuselage accuracy, this is the fuselage overlayed against a phto of the real thing - looks pretty close to me.

tommy3.jpg

tommy4.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming