New Airfix Lynxes in 48th?

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.ph...c=8044&st=0

Somewhere in here is news about possible 48th scale Lynxes. Considering that Hornby has only had Airfix for less than a year I find it amazing that they have this aggressive of a releases schedule in store for 2008, but fingers are crossed, as I'd love to do a sub hunting Lynx

Second page around the middle. From what is hinted at they are in conjunction with Italeri.

Matt

P.S. just try and ignore the Jessica Alba underwater footage...I dare ya! :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Roberts

Don't know about Lynx's although they would be nice but there was a TV programme a month or so ago about the "rebirth" of Airfix under the Hornby banner which contained footage of Trevor Snowden measuring up a Royal Navy Sea King. Airfix already produce a 1/72 model of this machine, so....??????

But wasn't the Airfix Sea King an old kit when I built one in '82 around the time of the Falklands? Loads o'raised rivets on that one. The newer RoG 72nd Sea King seams a nice kit though I am not sure if you can do a FAA version from it. A 48th Commando/Sea King (with the AEW version to go with a possible 48th Gannet AEW!) would be nice and possibly even allow for US versions to be kitted - Airfix RAF/FAA and Italeri the USN versions maybe?

It will be interesting to see how thier release schedule for new molds turns out. Sounds like they are almost thinking Chinese if the projections turn out to be true.

Matt

I didn't find any links to either the Jessica Alby footage or the Airfix news other than just gab.

Did I miss something?

joe.

Look for Oshers posts, his 'footer' (Post #47!)

The people seem to be talking about news from Hornby reps and preorder forms for the 72nd Canberras and a huge Mosquito. The Lynx info has been bubbling under the surface since Humbrol bought the brand. If true it makes sence why we'd not seen an Italeri Lynx in 48th before now.

Now From what I gather the 'official' news won't be until the Londoy Toy Fair in January or at least until after the New Year for 'official' news.

Don't know about Lynx's although they would be nice but there was a TV programme a month or so ago about the "rebirth" of Airfix under the Hornby banner which contained footage of Trevor Snowden measuring up a Royal Navy Sea King. Airfix already produce a 1/72 model of this machine, so....??????

The Sea King is being re-tooled (again) to do an HAS5/6/AEW2 version.

I didn't find any links to either the Jessica Alby footage or the Airfix news other than just gab.

Did I miss something?

joe.

Look for Oshers posts, his 'footer' (Post #47!)

The people seem to be talking about news from Hornby reps and preorder forms for the 72nd Canberras and a huge Mosquito. The Lynx info has been bubbling under the surface since Humbrol bought the brand. If true it makes sence why we'd not seen an Italeri Lynx in 48th before now.

Now From what I gather the 'official' news won't be until the Londoy Toy Fair in January or at least until after the New Year for 'official' news.

Oddly enough, those little video clips didnt show til I logged in. Actually, none of the sigs showed up til I logged in. As a side note, I've heard somewheres that it isnt's Jessica Alb in those seens, but a body double.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah
I didn't find any links to <...> the Jessica Alby footage <...>

I didn't either. So I guess my reaction was more of a reflex! :(

<...> I've heard somewheres that it isnt's Jessica Alb in those seens, but a body double.

You mean there's another body like that on this earth? ;) :o :woo:

• 3 years later...

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.ph...c=8044&st=0

Somewhere in here is news about possible 48th scale Lynxes. Considering that Hornby has only had Airfix for less than a year I find it amazing that they have this aggressive of a releases schedule in store for 2008, but fingers are crossed, as I'd love to do a sub hunting Lynx

Second page around the middle. From what is hinted at they are in conjunction with Italeri.

Matt

P.S. just try and ignore the Jessica Alba underwater footage...I dare ya! :thumbsup:

Matt

The Pre production test model for the Lynx was on show on the Airfix stand at Scale Modelworld (Telford UK )back in November It looked really amazing. I for one have my pound notes ready!

Selwyn

Matt

The Pre production test model for the Lynx was on show on the Airfix stand at Scale Modelworld (Telford UK )back in November It looked really amazing. I for one have my pound notes ready!

Selwyn

Not to be a Debbie Downer but Matt will not be replying to this as he passed 1/3/11.