1/32 E E Lightning F.3....Trumpeter !!

The photos seem to confirm the box artwork; it isn't an F.3, but an F.1A, of the "Firebirds" aerobatic team. Personally, I prefer the earlier mark, though; there are more colourful options. Also, Trumpeter have announced that they'll be doing an F.6, too.

Edgar

Hmmmm...that doesn't look like an A-6 to me...

I tell ya guys...big difference between having one at a major industry show & having them on the shelves.

Just making an observation......:thumbsup:

Good to go,

Jim

Hmmmm...that doesn't look like an A-6 to me...

I tell ya guys...big difference between having one at a major industry show & having them on the shelves.

Just making an observation......:thumbsup:

Good to go,

Jim

Got to agree with ya there Jim. Where's that A-6 they've been promising!!! Like you said,big diff from a pic at a show to actually seeing it on the shelves!

Tony

If the F1A kit does have an option to build the F3 as well, it'll be the same as the Airfix kit - but it's not as simple as it sounds!

To get a "proper" F3 you'd need to include the various intakes and other bits on the fuselage that were applicable to the later F6 (with a later Avon engine). An F3 isn't simply an F1A with a square fin, even though Airfix would have you believe it is. The cockpit panels are different too, and you'd kinda notice in 1/32nd scale.

Hopefully the F3 will be a separate kit.

Thing that worries me though is that those test shot photos don't look too encouraging. Okay, it might just be a trick of the photography or maybe the test shot isn't the final shape, but the nose section looks a bit wierd - almost as narrow as a MiG-21 in fact, and the fuselage around the jet pipes looks odd too. Guess we'll have to wait until the kit appears but I hope there aren't too many hideous errors. Don't mind the odd glitch but I don't fancy performing major fuselage surgery in 32nd scale!

Never let it be said that Trumpeter don't make life exciting...

Hmm, well I dunno - whatever they are, they're a bit worrying, so I hope the actual kit is okay. In 32nd scale, that's an awful lot of plastic to have to correct if it's wrong!

As for the A-6, it may be that Trumpeter decided it would make commercial sense to issue the Lightning first, on the assumption that it would sell faster? Someobody must have reached this conclusion at Academy's headquarters too, although I don't quite know why it's taken until 2008 for three companies to suddenly turn their attention to Lightnings when they've been neglected for so long - with the exception of Airfix's beautiful 48th examples. Not that I'm complaining... !