C-141B paint question

Off topic - what does 'all colors to be "gunship quality" ' mean?

This is what I found in another source:

"Flat: a surface with minimal reflection, commonly fewer than seven units of gloss when measured at a 60º angle. “Gunship Quality†is when the coating has no more than three units of gloss when measured at an 85º angle. Flat is the opposite of gloss."

David,

That would be it!

THANK YOU Very Much!!!

Buddy of mine has a spec book but shows the C-141B with tan and a 141A scheme with Artic Orange colors, nothing like I was after but you saved the day. Book is dated in the 70's

Got that in 1/72 scale plans? Just kidding

Thanks again,

Resin Builder

T.O. 1-1-4 had arctic markings for almost every USAF type in existence when it was published (which is periodically through history). Just because the T.O. has a scheme with arctic markings doesn't mean any airplanes were ever painted that way. I've never seen a 141 with high visibility red markings on it, and I doubt any existed. Those that serviced the Antarctic stations were just regular line birds (not special ones for arctic/antarctic service) in regular paint, be it white over ADC Gray or later lizard Euro I camo.

J

Possible to post any pic's of those exotic bird's ?

TIA.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

See if I can get the book from him, I told him that was wrong but being a old fart he is bull headed, I think he just wants me to do the artic version.

I do have an extra 1/72 Anigrand C-17 that I want to build in white over grey then add the artic markings to it,and you all thought Luft'46 peoples are nuts

C-17.png