Needed: F-15s/MTD cockpit/canard shoulder shots

I'm going to begin with something relatively easy and try to make an accurate F-15s/MTD or ACTIVE conversion, and I need some shots of the cockpits to determine if the instrument panesl need to be remade. Also, shots of the canard shoulders would be helpful, and if anyone knows how many actuator rods the vectoring nozzles had that would be great as well.

Thnaks.

Edited by sv51macross

Probably a silly reply/question butta...

Have You already searched the net ?

Since it's quite a remarkable bird I would say there ought to be some pic's

around there somewhere. My best bet would be to start at WIKIPEDIA and

follow the linky's. Another shot would be the Boeing website...

Good luck with Your endeavours !

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Glad to see you working on this project. The company I work for made the canard actuators and the nozzle actuators. Unfortunately, I don't know how many actuators were on each engine. There may be still some engineers around that worked on that program, if I remember right we called it the 2DCD system (2 direcctional convergent/divergent). I'm off work this week, but I will inquire next week. I have some McAir glossy photos but I think you can find the same ones on the web. I do have a sticker of the tail markings that has 'USAF, McAir, P&W, GE, and NWL'. This is the original markings, before the program became 'ACTIVE'. The company I work for used to be named 'NWL'. All of my photos and the tail markings are at work, so it will be next week before I'll have them. Let me know how your project goes. I'd like to do a version of this aircraft as well.

Gregg, thanks for posting this link. It's superb :D

It contains the closest shot of the jet nozzles I've seen.

Cheers,

:worship:

I agree, the site link is great, but remember, you're looking at the F-15 ACTIVE program in those photos. The nozzle is totally different than that of the F-15 SMTD. They used the same airframe for both, but the ACTIVE program was a NASA program and it came later and the nozzles appear to be 'normal'. The SMTD nozzles were not round, but retangular and the only direction they dirverted the thrust was up and down, unlike the ACTIVE program that had all aspect nozzles.

There's a good reference CD available for the F-15 STOL which contains cockpit photos, closeup details, drawings and even pdf files for all the various logos. It's available here:

http://www.edwardsflighttest.com/photos/autographs.html

I bought the F-16XL reference CD, and there is a lot of good stuff on there for the price. I don't have any experience with the F-15 CD, but based on the description, it probably has less material.

Cheers,

-Hoops