Hello,

I hope to contribute to this Group Build with this C141B. This model has its own story: I bought it about 15 years ago and it was one of my first cammo jobs with an airbrush. After painting, I decided to put a coat of dullcoat on it from a spray can. Disaster stroke as the dullcoat blotched and ruined the model. Needless to say I was not very happy. I was about to throw it away then. But I didn't. So into the box it went. Fast forward 15 years. A few weeks ago I found it. I thought of throwing it away for the second time, but I gave it a last chance.

I stripped it, not without a fight as it took over a week and a lot of persuation to get it out.

So now I'm back to square 1. Let's see how it goes this time around.

Testors/DML 1/200 scale

DSCF0758b-vi.jpg

This is it before:

DSCF0616-vi.jpg

DSCF0618-vi.jpg

DSCF0619-vi.jpg

And this is it after stripping:

DSCF0739-vi.jpg

Let's start all over again....

Thanks,

First order of business: The panel lines are very faint. I need to rescribe them or they'll be lost under the lightest coat of paint.

DSCF0748b-vi.jpg

Right wing done, left still pending. Some primer to check progress.

Thanks,

Holy cow!

I have the same exact kit facing almost the same exact story!

What paint job do you intend to give it?

I have both the A and B model - planning overall Gunship Grey for the B, and a conversion to NASA's flying telescope for the A.

Edited by ReiRei0

Hello,

ReiRei0, I'm thinking on a grey scheme for the sake of simplicity.

Now that the airliner is done I can work on this again.

Here is some more progress:

Seam lines addressed

DSCF0767-vi.jpg

DSCF0768-vi.jpg

Want to hear a joke? For the sake of "simplicity", I decided to do this in the "closed" position, meaning cargo doors shut. After all, thickness is a problem and I don't want to deal with too much interior detailing.

So doing it closed should be easier.. right? So I thought.. WRONG :thumbsup:

Fit is terrible so a lot of work has been done to get it right.

Had to add material to get the gaps tight, not to mention sanding and sanding and more sanding...

DSCF0856-vi.jpg

DSCF0857-vi.jpg

And to say the parts don't fit very well is an understatement :banana:

It seems they were always meant to be built in the open position.

DSCF0861-vi.jpg

so out comes the scratchbuilding cavalry:

DSCF0865-vi.jpg

DSCF0864-vi.jpg

DSCF0866-vi.jpg

DSCF0867-vi.jpg

and that's where I am now....

Thanks,

Ismael,

You are doing nice work with this resurection! You are almost there.

I built the Dragon boxing of this when it came out back in the late 80s and closed it up. I think I still have the Hummers in the spares box somewhere!

What are you doing for decals? I think I also still have the GrRey/white scheme declas formthe kit hiding in my spares box

:D

What are you doing for decals?

Thanks! I plan to use a combination of some kit's decals with some I printed of my own.

When I did my own decals for the russian Tu-104 airliner (Airliners GB) I also added some for this project.

DSCF0798b-vi.jpg

Thanks,

I saw the decal sheet in you other thread on the TU-104 and was wondering what they were for

As did I. That's some outstanding restoration work Ismael. I've always like the lines of the Starlifter and your model certainly shows them off to good effect.