2048 RAAF F-19C Spectre aerospace fighter

Well, got a head start on this kit. This is the first "winged thing" I have attempted to build in over 18 months, so wish me well :)

Pilot helmet needs more touch ups, but essentially there is little to this kit. As it is designed to be clicked together, there are some seriously wide caps to remove pretty much every where, but that is fine!

Mono-f19-top.jpg

Mono-f19-under.jpg

Not sure of the scheme, but I am considering that by 2048, nanoskinned aircraft could colour shift as appropriate. As this fighter can fight and fly in space around earth, dark colours are the order of the day.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

I got this kit for $5 at a club sale :whistle:

Will stick with RAAF for the moment but there is food for thought there regarding a name change.

Got the putty sanded off and the underside primed which has revealed a couple of areas needing attention. Next up is to finish the cockpit area and retouch the pilot.

:)

MikeJ

I got this kit for $5 at a club sale :doh:

Will stick with RAAF for the moment but there is food for thought there regarding a name change.

Got the putty sanded off and the underside primed which has revealed a couple of areas needing attention. Next up is to finish the cockpit area and retouch the pilot.

:rolleyes:

MikeJ

Love the concept Mike!.. With the Russians starting a trend with planting flags on the sea bed to capture more land and resorces. Then Australia finds itself having to protect its interests in the Indian, Pacific Ocean's, and Antarctic. And so a fighter of such ilk may be needed to serve the country!

Maybe you could call it the F-19 Wombat..

But I have already named the F-35 that, because if you look at a picture of an F-35 running at you next to a picture of a wombat at full tilt coming for you. Then the similarities are amazing!

wombat-1.jpg

<...> But I have already named the F-35 that, because if you look at a picture of an F-35 running at you next to a picture of a wombat at full tilt coming for you. Then the similarities are amazing! <...>

:rofl: :lol: Good one! :woo:

• 2 weeks later...

No image update time:

Plenty of filling and sanding happening. Snaptite kits have gaping seams to fix.

Nearly done though and should be able to get paint on soon.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike
Love the concept Mike!.. With the Russians starting a trend with planting flags on the sea bed to capture more land and resorces. Then Australia finds itself having to protect its interests in the Indian, Pacific Ocean's, and Antarctic. And so a fighter of such ilk may be needed to serve the country!

Maybe you could call it the F-19 Wombat..

But I have already named the F-35 that, because if you look at a picture of an F-35 running at you next to a picture of a wombat at full tilt coming for you. Then the similarities are amazing!

wombat-1.jpg

Very clever Chris. I see the similarities??????????????????????????????????? :)

• 2 weeks later...