Looking for a Hobby Shop close to Hartford. I know there is one on the shore but hoping for one closer.

Time Machine Hobbies is in Manchester, CT just a few miles east of Hartford. Nice folks, their plastic model section isn't huge but they have all the tools and paint and what-not you could hope for. Good selection of books too, both new and used.

http://www.timemachinehobby.com/

Time Machine Hobbies is in Manchester, CT just a few miles east of Hartford. Nice folks, their plastic model section isn't huge but they have all the tools and paint and what-not you could hope for. Good selection of books too, both new and used.

http://www.timemachinehobby.com/

AHHHHHH, very nice. Tools and supplies are exactly what I'm looking for. I buy most of my kits online. I will give these guys a go this weekend. Thanks much.

I've been to Time Machine Hobbies and it was pretty nice. But It's been at least a year and they were still just getting started. It's in an old, old, old building (kinda cool actually!). The top floor use to be a HUGE HO scale layout and lots of train stuff....but I'm not sure the train stuff is still there.

I've been to Time Machine Hobbies and it was pretty nice. But It's been at least a year and they were still just getting started. It's in an old, old, old building (kinda cool actually!). The top floor use to be a HUGE HO scale layout and lots of train stuff....but I'm not sure the train stuff is still there.

Yes, the train layouts are still there (or were in September when I was last there). Modelsntoys, don't forget to go up there, there's a bunch of tools in the railroad section as well, that's also where all their Plastruct and Evergreen plastic stuff is located. It's a neat building, Manchester was a big silk industry town, many of the buildings are from those days. We stayed in a B&B while we were there that was once one of the owner's mansions.

There's also a Thai restaraunt on the main drag that's well worth going to: http://www.sukhothaict.com/

Edited by Grey Ghost 531
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to go up I-91 north take exit 45 and turn right. About 4 miles down on the right, there's Craftec Hobbies in East Windsor. Very knowledgable staff, and scale models are their bread and butter. Good tool selection, great paint selection. Their address and phone number are always in the back of FSM.

Craftec Hobbies and Time Machine Hobbies are both worth the time and effort to find. Be sure to check out the discount boxes at Craftec, I've had some amazing finds. If you have a good map, use the 291 connector between I-84 and I-91 (Manchester to Windsor), you get to miss the delight of the intersection of the two interstates in Hartford.

Hey Guys,

How close are these places to the Hartford/Windsor Locks airport? I have had a couple of occasions that I have flew into Hartford and have had nothing to do. I would love to visit any of these especially on Sunday. I would love to play some Axis and Allies at Time Machine. Thanks for the information!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen
Hey Guys,

How close are these places to the Hartford/Windsor Locks airport? I have had a couple of occasions that I have flew into Hartford and have had nothing to do. I would love to visit any of these especially on Sunday. I would love to play some Axis and Allies at Time Machine. Thanks for the information!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

I'm going to assume you mean Bradley Int'l. According to Google Maps, it's 21.1 miles and about 32 minutes to Time Machine Hobbies.

Hey Guys,

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

In the FWIW department, Time Machine is well worth the trip but if you don't have too mich time Craftec hobbies is closer.

Leave Bradley, follow the signs to I-91 North, just go up a few exits (over the river, through the woods) to exit 45 (Route 40), turn right and go up about 4 miles or so. Craftec is on the right, set back from the road. Don't let the small size fool you. Finding Bradley after you're done is easy-follow the signs.