Which Felix-112 made the final Tomcat launch on 072806?

Crap,

I'm really going crazy here!

I'm planning to bild a depiction of the Tomcat that made the final Tomcat launch on 28 July 2006.

I definitely know it was VF-31's AJ-112

Problem: There were two AJ-112's!!! and everyone says something different.

One Tomcat was BuNo 163417 the other one was BuNo 164341

The decals say it's BuNo164341 that made the last launch but other sources state it was actually 163417.

M.A.T.S. for instance says it was 163417 that did the last launch in July but another source says that it was already decommissioned in march 06 and 164341 made actually the last launch.

Now which one is it???????

I spent the last two weeks searching the i-net and everyone seems to know better.

Edited by bushande
Listen to me, 163417 was retired to AMARC (now AMARG), on 22 March 2006. I have the documentation in hand for my next and last Tomcat book.

Hi Dave,

thanks for the quick getback.

O.K. if anyone is reliable than it is you!

So I really can rest assured that 164341 definitely IS the one Tomcat that made the final Tomcat launch in July 06, right????

Can I ask what kind of documentation you refer to?

I don't want to offend in any way, as you are one of the number one T-Cat sources out there. Those last weeks of "research" just left me pretty confused about it.

I just want to really make sure about it, as there is dozens of other (as I always thought quite serious) info out there claiming it was 163417, Heck!!! even M.A.T.S. of all sources in the world!!!

Oh BTW: when will your (sadly) last T-Cat book come out? I definitely want a copy!!!

Edited by bushande
Hi Dave,

So I really can rest assured that 164341 definitely IS the one Tomcat that made the final Tomcat launch in July 06, right????

I don't want to offend in any way, as you are one of the number one T-Cat sources out there. Those last weeks of "research" just left me pretty confused about it.

I just want to really make sure about it, as there is dozens of other (as I always thought quite serious) info out there claiming it was 163417, Heck!!! even M.A.T.S. of all sources in the world!!!

Oh BTW: when will your (sadly) last T-Cat book come out? I definitely want a copy!!!

Lets just say I have a 'list' covering every Tomcat from its born-on date to strike date. It's an official list, double and triple checked and cross referenced. The book is two years late. Details keep popping up and there are still a couple of images I'm searching for. I'll try to find a pic of AJ/112 from late '06. Standby

Hi Dave,

Lets just say I have a 'list' covering every Tomcat from its born-on date to strike date. It's an official list, double and triple checked and cross referenced. The book is two years late. Details keep popping up and there are still a couple of images I'm searching for. I'll try to find a pic of AJ/112 from late '06. Standby

Sorry for the confusion. AS I posted in another forum, I'm suffering from an eye issue right now and misread your earlier post. I thought you were referring to the last trap. For some reason, I cannot edit my posts. Whatever happened to the edit feature? Anyway, it was AJ-112 making the final launch. It was not 163417 because that Cat was already in the boneyard. The BuNo for AJ-112 on 28 July was 164341.

Here she is in September 2006.

164341F-14DVF-3106AIRSHOWDAVIDFBROW.jpg

WHAMM!!!

Thank you Dave, that was awesome! I really really appreciate it. :deadhorse1:

Wish I had the list! :(

Actually would you mind to help me out one more time?

I like making little plaques for my dios stating from when to when the respective aircraft "lived".

Would you mind telling me the first flight date of 164341 and when they scrapped "her"? That would be cool.

Oh and while you are at it, any chance I could get you to tell me the first flight date and the decommission date of 158627 as well? That was the first operational cat being transferred to VF-1 in 73 as far as I know.

That would be really great. I know, looks like "offer the finger and they take the whole hand" but it really would be great!

Thanks a lot again in advance! :cheers:

Edited by bushande

164341 was indeed the last Felix 112, which it became right after we got home from cruise. On the last Tomcat cruise, it was Blacklion 201. We transferred it to VF-31 immediately upon return to Oceana, and as a matter of fact it was the first jet out of the 11 we had in 213 that we got rid of following that cruise, prior to transition.

164341 was indeed the last Felix 112, which it became right after we got home from cruise. On the last Tomcat cruise, it was Blacklion 201. We transferred it to VF-31 immediately upon return to Oceana, and as a matter of fact it was the first jet out of the 11 we had in 213 that we got rid of following that cruise, prior to transition.

Cooooooool,

Thanks so much!! that is the great thing about talking to the pros!. :jaw-dropping:

Hmm, seems to me that I remember the original due date was Dec 2007. So, if it's two years late, does that mean this Dec?!?!?!? :coolio::whistle::shoot:

WHAMM!!!

Thank you Dave, that was awesome! I really really appreciate it. :whistle:

Wish I had the list! B)

Actually would you mind to help me out one more time?

I like making little plaques for my dios stating from when to when the respective aircraft "lived".

Would you mind telling me the first flight date of 164341 and when they scrapped "her"? That would be cool.

Oh and while you are at it, any chance I could get you to tell me the first flight date and the decommission date of 158627 as well? That was the first operational cat being transferred to VF-1 in 73 as far as I know.

That would be really great. I know, looks like "offer the finger and they take the whole hand" but it really would be great!

Thanks a lot again in advance! :trolls:

and this is why my book is two years late!

Here's my question.... What was the bureau number of Felix 112 on the last cruise to the gulf in 2005-2006? I was minding my own business at Al Udeid one day in January of 2006 and happened to see Felix 112 take off to return to the boat. I snapped a couple of pics and watched it climb out of sight knowing that it would more than likely be the last time I would see a Tomcat fly. I would like to eventually build a model of this bird and having the correct bureau number would be a plus. Also, were there any aircrew names carried in the AOR and what were they for 112?

Thanks,

Kirk Taylor