Rooms close at WHAT times? AAARGH

Hey all.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. My first experience with Nationals.

But I got ahold of the rooms' schedules and I'm a little torqued.

For some of us, getting there involves taking time off from work, which for most of us is limited to Friday. Throw in a 6 hour drive, and, well, you do the math.

According to the schedule - vendor room and contest room close at 6 on Friday. 6PM???!!! What's up with that?

I understand the need for judging, etc. on Saturday. Given that this is necessary, the contest room closes at 1 PM.

For those of us with limited time, that's a real disappointment - there's just not going to be enough time before we get booted out.

I didn't realize that the only evenings are Wednesday and Thursday.

I don't get it. Friday night. The sidewalks roll up at 6?? Sounds more like Lynden, Washington, not Columbus, Ohio.

This is a joke, right?

This is one of the few times I'm sure that the Nat's will be held within a reasonable day's drive for me, and I'll not be able to get there. I live 3 hours away, but none of the times the vendor room is open will I be able to get there! I'd try to drive up Saturday morning, but I'm sure by the time I get there most of the vendors would be packing up.

Mike

That was helpful. :explode:

If you have been playing along at home for the past 2 weeks or read the other forums you would know the story. A fair amount of Vendors asked to close at 6pm on Friday, take it out on them not us.

Jason

Hot off the press

To all concerned:

Contest Room closing has been adjusted back to 3:00 pm Saturday afternoon. There are alot of other variables in play, 3pm is the latest we can do, but we're listening.

Thanks go to Dave Prosser, Contest Chairman for the reconsideration and change.

The schedule on the website may not be uploaded for a bit, but the latest with this change is "in the mill".

TJ Misiolek

Convention Chairman

If you have been playing along at home for the past 2 weeks or read the other forums you would know the story. A fair amount of Vendors asked to close at 6pm on Friday, take it out on them not us.

Jason

Actually, wasn't hoping to take it out on anyone in particular.

The initial news was just. . . disappointing.

Saturday's extension of the contest room does make things better.

I do wish things went later on Friday, though. (Instead of Wednesday.)

Jason

That makes sense. When you stop and realize that most of the vendors are one- or two-man operations, and that they've been working all day since 9 am or earlier, letting them clock out at 6 pm is reasonable.

Yea, most conventions close up at 5 or 6 for that reason.

After about that point everyone is in the dinner mode, then they want to go do something but its not very often its "hey honey lets go browse the vendor room at *Insert convention name* so after that magic 6 mark most sales just drop tottally off the board.