Revell Skyraider in 48th

Most likely reboxed Monogram. Kit was good, but raised panel lines. Kit likely has good decals as Revell offers great markings on their sheets. Plus, typically when the box says "Super Decal" it is most likely a recent pressing of the kit, meaning Monogram again is the likeliest source. Tamiya is better, but the Monogram kit shouldn't necessarily be overlooked IMHO since I consider it probably the second best Skyraider in 1/48 out there.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Considering that the only other 1/48 Spad kits are ESCI (now Italeri) and Tamiya (never boxed anywhere other than from Japan in a Tamiya box), it's pretty much a given, since Revell US owns all the Monogram molds, and shares them with Revell of Germany.

J

Revell itself did make one of their own years ago, long before the R-M merger, but I'm pretty sure that kit was something like 1/40 scale (1/40 was somewhat of an emerging scale back then but it never caught on) so yeah, I'm pretty sure this one would almost have to be the Monogram kit.

John

Revell itself did make one of their own years ago, long before the R-M merger, but I'm pretty sure that kit was something like 1/40 scale (1/40 was somewhat of an emerging scale back then but it never caught on) so yeah, I'm pretty sure this one would almost have to be the Monogram kit.

John

Ah, if the 1/40th kit you refer to was the one where all the air brakes open, the undercarriage lowers and it makes the tea for you when you push the centre tank back: I know that one, having made a hash of it as a child and intending to make the one in my stash at some point (hopefully better.)

Thanks all for the replies - helpful and very welcome :beer4:

Patrick

I've built this one in my younger days (about 10 years ago). To be quite honest I thought it was a really good kit. Now, I was less focused on detail then and more worried about the cool bombs, but I had fun building it.

John

You are correct on scale 1/40 just checked the one in my stash , will probably never build it as I am somewhat a collector . Picked it up from my mom's several years ago with some other I left behind when I left home .

stubby

Back in the 50s/60s, Revell had a thing about 1/40th scale. Their armor kits were also 1/40th, as were Adams. Renwal's were 1/35th, Aurora's, 1/48th. I believe Monogram's were 1/32nd . The Renwal kits were the Cadillac of plastic armor kits in those days. Hal Sr

Folks,

Does anyone know, for this beast:

RV4584.jpg

Is this a half-price rebox of a Gucci Japanese kit, an oldie-but-goodie from the Monogram (etc) stable or...an horrible heartbreaker to be bought for one's worst enemy only?

Many thanks in advance - Patrick

The kit is the nice Monogram one with a very good (probably Cartograph) decal sheet.