Anyone have F-105D station drawings?

Hi all,

Anyone have any station diagrams for the F-105D? Famous Aircraft of the World has some for the F-100, and I was wondering if they might have done the same for the Thud.

Thanks!

Ben

Hi Sergei,

Thanks! Unfortunately, that's not quite what I'm looking for. What I'm hoping to find is a fuselage drawing like these, that shows where everything is based on a certain datum point:

14276_64_1.jpg

TM-55-1520-240-T-1_53_1.jpg

Sec1_0003P-51MustangRestrictedPhotosWW2.jpg

They're usually found in aircraft operators manuals, but I'm hoping somebody like FAOTW included them in their Thud book, like they did for the F-100.

Cheers!

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Hey Ben. I have both of those FAOW books and the one on the 105 does not have the drawings like the one for the HUN. The 1/72 scale drawings for the 105 are split between two pages and do not have the reference points you are looking for. Don M.

Hi Ben,

Sorry I struck out too. I looked at every 105 book I have (Warbird Tech, both Squadron books, and three others) and didn't find a station diagram in any of them. I don't have a pilots manual for the Thud either... :rofl:

Good luck.

-Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for checking! I think I may just take a step back and go with the TLAR (That Looks About Right) method and use the Detail & Scale drawings.

Back in the late '80s, there was an aviation bookstore on King St. in Alexandria , VA that had an F-105D Dash-1 for sale for 25 bucks. It was there for at least a couple of months. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it!!!!!!

Cheers!

Ben

Hi Derek,

Thanks for checking! I think I may just take a step back and go with the TLAR (That Looks About Right) method and use the Detail & Scale drawings.

Back in the late '80s, there was an aviation bookstore on King St. in Alexandria , VA that had an F-105D Dash-1 for sale for 25 bucks. It was there for at least a couple of months. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it!!!!!!

Cheers!

Ben

Ben,

$25 for a -1? Man, that would have been a steal! Too bad you didn't snag it... :woot.gif:

So, what kind of F-105 project are you working on?

-Derek

I'm thinking of starting a Monogram Thud and if I do, I'm going to reshape the radome. I'm going to add a small spacer between it and the fuselage, then sand the part down to give it a little bit of a curve. I'll probably end up taking some plastic off of the tip, and I just wanted to make sure I got the length right. Of course, I could just use the D&S drawings to measure the length and stop being so "uptight" about things, couldn't I? ;)

One thing that keeps getting missed is that not only does the radome continue the curve of the fuselage, but at the forward-most 1/3, it becomes more conical as it blends with the pitot tube.

Thudnose2.jpg

Thudradome1.jpg

Cheers!

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Sounds like a plan Ben, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Are you going to rescribe it all?!

I too have a 1/48 Monogram Thud but I want to turn mine into a "B" model. I want to do the NJ ANG bird that I posted photos of over in the reference corner thread on the Thud. I am thinking about ordering the C&H Aero conversion for the "B". Have you or anyone seen/used it? Is it worth the $$$? I would need the decal sheet anyway for the NJ ANG squadron markings. I do have the issue of FineScale Modeler that shows a "B" conversion from scratch but the C&H might be a better way to go. Any thought?

-Derek

Thanks, Larry! I think those may be the drawings from D&S.

Derek, The C&H conversion is pretty good, plus, right now, I think it's the only game in town. I've built the Airwaves (or Aeroclub, can't remember which) conversion, but it has trenches for panel lines and no B instrument panel. Rescribing a Thud is a real chore, but looks great when done.

Ben