El Presidente Decals

Hello,

anybody having done an order at El Presidente Decals? Good or bad experience?

I did an order a month ago, paid by PayPal, got an order confirmation immediately and........ thats's all........

Since I'm living in Germany and El Presidente Decals is also registered in Germany I thought it works without trouble?!

I wrote two emails to them without any response!

I would like to know your experiences with El Presidente decals?

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Jens

El Presidente Decals is a one man business... a one young student business in fact. I've ordered decals without a problem but that was a long time ago. Fabian is ARC member fabe so you could PM him perhaps. Or you could order the decals from Fantasy Printshop.

Edited by Laurent
  • 2 months later...

Jens,

Thanks for your post. I'm an utter newbie to this forum, but not to scale modeling, and have had the same issue with el Presidente Decals that you had. I transmitted an order on 9/4/10 via PayPal and did not receive the MiG-17 decal sheet I'd ordered, with no response to two polite e-mail inquiries sent over the past week. Therefore, I opened a dispute resolution through PayPal and received an instantaneous automated reply from el Presidente that my order was canceled. So far, nothing else. Will keep you posted as to any refund.

Malan

Before El Presidente released their (his?) first sheet, I was approached for permission to use my photographs showing the external differences of the MiG-21bisD version. In return I would receive a copy of the decal sheet.

I gave permission and never heard from El Presidente again. So the negative experiences described in this thread don't really surprise me. Unfortunately.

Hi again,

I tried to send "fabe" a PM but his inbox is full......... :)

There seems to be something wrong?!

Just to keep you informed!

Regards, Jens

I'm just seeing this thread today, so this eill seem very late on my part. I have increased the size of his inbox by putting him in the manufacturers member group......but considering he hasn't been on ARC in months.........I'm doubtful if this is a helpful move.

Jens,

Thanks for your post. I'm an utter newbie to this forum, but not to scale modeling, and have had the same issue with el Presidente Decals that you had. I transmitted an order on 9/4/10 via PayPal and did not receive the MiG-17 decal sheet I'd ordered, with no response to two polite e-mail inquiries sent over the past week. Therefore, I opened a dispute resolution through PayPal and received an instantaneous automated reply from el Presidente that my order was canceled. So far, nothing else. Will keep you posted as to any refund.

Malan

Hello Malan,

exactly the same procedure I had to go through.......

I got my money back from PayPal!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Regards, Jens

• 11 months later...

Hi There,

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I am a full-time university student now and have very little time left for my aviation hobby. Well things did not go so well, people somehow lost interest in my decals and I got almost no orders at all anymore. Add to that some personal problems. So I decided I'll close my business now, I simply lack the time for it :(

Of course I will send out all remaining orders at once. You'll get an additional decal sheet as compensation for long waiting times! I am really sorry.

When El Presidente Decals started, I ordered his K-8 Karakorum decals and was very pleased with the speed of his response and the quality of his decals. I think it's very honorable of Fabe to apologise & to offer to make up for it. Good for you, Sir :thumbsup:

....I think it's very honorable of Fabe to apologise & to offer to make up for it. Good for you, Sir.... :thumbsup:

Hello,

that's true!! Thank you very much for your (slightly late) reply!!

After ordering through your own web shop did not work I ordered your decals from Fantasy Printshop..... :monkeydance:

But It's very sad that you close your bussiness! I was hoping for a few very nice 48scale Mig-21 decal sheets.... :whistle:

All the best for you and best regards,

Jens