Scale Aircraft Conversions

Untreated (no clean up) skinny kit one. Only difference is it is metal. If you can wait a bit, I am mastering a set for G-factor that is accurate including open trunnion braces, nose steer hydraulic drive and electric drive option, even the schrader valve. Both Tamiya and Revell sets, including mains.

That would be outstanding. I have five of the Revell F-4 family sitting in my stash, and certainly would be very interested.

I guess it s about scale 1/32!??? What about a gear in 1/48? Don't tell me there s one from scale aircraft c.!! It's the same you get in every Hasegawa kit, just in plastic. So no improvement.

The Gawa landing gear could be detailed much better!!!

G-Factor Gear for the 1/32 Revell F-4E/F RF-4C?

Count me in for several sets.

BTW phasephantomphixer, or anyone else, got a Q about the SAC set (I bought one when they first released them in the forlorn hope they fixed the NG) you wouldn't happen to know what this bit of the set was for/supposed to be for? Just curious.

MTL_GEAR_07.jpg

Edited by BrockyTaz
G-Factor Gear for the 1/32 Revell F-4E/F RF-4C?

Count me in for several sets.

BTW phasephantomphixer, or anyone else, got a Q about the SAC set (I bought one when they first released them in the forlorn hope they fixed the NG) you wouldn't happen to know what this bit of the set was for/supposed to be for? Just curious.

MTL_GEAR_07.jpg

Yeah, bummer you bought that set hoping, and that drag link goes to some other A/C but I'd only be guessing (looks familiar?!) but can't place it exactly. Ever notice the Revell RF-4C and F-4E nose well's have different depths? I am correcting the length of the strut as well. As mentioned, you will have a choice of electric or hydraulic steering drive. The mains will have drag brace with bellcrank detail and even the ears for the door. Gotta finish 'em up and get 'em to him for casting...
Yeah, bummer you bought that set hoping, and that drag link goes to some other A/C but I'd only be guessing (looks familiar?!) but can't place it exactly.

Glad to know some one else with in depth Phantom knowledge couldn't place that item either. At first I thought it might be the NG scissors link but I could not figure out how to fold it for that. I've been all over the landing gear of the F-4N at the Museum of Naval Aviation and the F-4C at the Eglin's Air Force Armament Museum and never found anything even remotely similar to that part.

Ever notice the Revell RF-4C and F-4E nose well's have different depths?

Yep and the Tamiya kits are even deeper. :coolio:

I am correcting the length of the strut as well. As mentioned, you will have a choice of electric or hydraulic steering drive. The mains will have drag brace with bellcrank detail and even the ears for the door. Gotta finish 'em up and get 'em to him for casting...

How soon do you think they'll be ready? I take my final MSCE exam in a few weeks and I might be able to get back to the F-4E I have on the bench around October.