Revell 1/72 TF-104G

I'm currently looking for a TF-104G in 1/72 scale. I've read up on the Hasegawa and Heller versions but I cannot find any info on the one released by Revell. Does anyone have any experience with this kit?

Ex-Matchbox ??? That would follow some of their other releases.

Tony

Ex-Matchbox ??? That would follow some of their other releases.

RoG may have reboxed the Matchbox thingy at one point, but the TF-104G with the blue Boelcke anniversary markings on the box top is their own and based on their excellent singleseat F-104G kit.

It has a onepiece canopy as opposed to the multipart Hasegawa item, a tail insert to allow for both F-104A/C and the big tailed versions which leads to a big seam in the tailplane, and is of the later German configuration (with MB seats and heavy landing gear only, where the Hasegawa kit offers both MB and Lockheed seats and both thick and thin tires, with the associated standard and bulged MLG covers), but if the aircraft you want to model has those features it's a very good kit in itself.

Review here (pop-up alert).

Cheers,

Andre

It´s Revell´s tooling, ESCI never released a TF-104.

Hi!

I have got on of the Revell TF-104 and it seems to me that the old but very good ESCI was reboxed by the Revell. Recess panel lines and a huge decal sheet is for it but unfortunatelly just for the German Air Force.

Highly recommended kit!

Cheers Polo

The Revell Germany 72nd F-104s never have made much impact on this side of the Atlantic. Revell USA released the F-104C sometime in the 90's and I have never seen either the G nor the TF stateside. I think it is more of a reflection of the American preference for 48th than anything about the quality of the kit.

Read the British mags and they have had pretty glowing reviews when they have been looked at, think of the RoG F-16s or Typhoons and Tornados in 72nd