Hi!

I´d like to join this GB with a 1/48 SBD-5 from Italeri. I think it will be an OOB build, I only plan to add PE seatbelts.

sbd1.jpgsbd2.jpg

I think you all know the standard Tri-Color SBD´s so I am building something different like a weather plane from NAS Jacksonville in spring 1945 in NMF:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SBD...nville_1945.jpg

It would be great if anyone has more information about this plane,

Looking forward to an enjoyable GB!

I am so wanting to get back to WWII and put jets on the back burner for a while. SBD, Helldiver, and Avenger are on my wants list. What's the history of this kit?

The Italeri kit is a 2008 reboxing of the very well detailed Accurate Miniatures SBD-5, with an additional bonus: a big decal sheet (5 different planes USN, USAAF, 2 French, NZ).

It´s also cheaper than the original release.

I thought it was interesting when you commented that the Italeri kit was cheaper than the original AM issue. Italeri hasn't been much for reducing prices on their reissues, at least not in my experience. This is no differnt.

I found several BIN's on ebay, all between $35 and $50. Some of the AM kits were cheaper, in fact.

Scale Hobbyist has them NIB, as follows:

Accurate Miniatures

1/48 scale

MSRP $50.00 $35.69

Hasegawa Models

1/48 scale

MSRP $38.89 $26.19

Italeri Models

1/48 scale

MSRP $64.00 $43.19

Im wondering now where you got an Italeri Dauntless on the cheap?

I thought it was interesting when you commented that the Italeri kit was cheaper than the original AM issue.

Im wondering now where you got an Italeri Dauntless on the cheap?

I think Italeri's prices in Europe are competitive, unlike here in the US.

Mike

I think Italeri's prices in Europe are competitive, unlike here in the US.

Mike

Yes you are right. You can buy the Italeri kit at around 25€ =34$ here in europe. Accurate Miniatures kits were always more expensive and very hard to obtain here in Austria.

Yes you are right. You can buy the Italeri kit at around 25€ =34$ here in europe. Accurate Miniatures kits were always more expensive and very hard to obtain here in Austria.

Gotcha - Austria, for cryin' out loud. I missed that part. Ill keep looking around.

Vielen dank und hab' eine Festiche Danksgeben!