Anyone done business with raffachrisbr on Ebay?

So here's the thing... I ran across the seller raffachrisbr on Ebay while looking for airliner decals to purchase. Haven't found any actual online shop to buy giodecals/brasil decals from, so I decided to give the Ebay seller a shot, since the brand offers some really nice decal options.

I checked the seller's feedback, and though there was a sprinking of negative comments here and there, most of the feedback was positive and most people seemed to be receiving their purchases with no issues. Many people did seem to mention that delivery was slow though.

I went ahead and purchases multiple decal sheets, and since those sheets aren't cheap, my bill climbed past $200. I paid promptly, and requested a fairly speedy shipping method (not the fastest, not the slowest). This was some 2 months ago or so. Some time passed, and I finally got a tracking number and notification of shipment. After the tracking number showed no updates for a while... it finally showed that the package was delivered... in Texas! This was worrying since I live in California...

I contacted raffachrisbr and he told me he had accidentally given me the wrong tracking number. He also said he had not filled out some forms propely or something, and my package had not actually left as it should. He said he redid the paperwork and got the package resent. I got a new tracking number, which I have been checking often. It showed a 'origin post is preparing shipment' message back on December 1st. There have been ZERO updates since then.

I contacted raffachrisbr after a week or two, and he said he'd look into the matter and contact the post office to see what was going on. I got no more info from him after that. About a week later I asked him if he had any updates. No response. It's now been over two weeks since his last message and I am getting no replies to my attempts at communication.

Has anyone else had dealings with this seller? I don't want to have to register a complaint with ebay... but it's starting to look like I may have to. Having spent over $200 on decals and having nothing to show for it over two months later, I think I am justifiably upset by this.

Read the writing on the wall. What did you expect looking at this guys feedback. :deadhorse1:

I have a friend who ordered from him and never got the goods and he made a claim through paypal. Don't wait!! Save yourself any more grief and file a complaint right away before it's too late.

good luck

Andy :thumbsup:

Well, like I said, the majority of the guy's feedback has been positive... 356 positive compared to only 10 negative over the last 12 months. But I guess I was one of the unlucky ones.

I shall indeed file a complaint.

Hi Guys

just to add to your comments. I received a decal order from Chris only part of order still waiting on balance of Royal Jordanian, Gulf 340 and Thai 747's which apparently have been sent also in the last few weeks but delayed due to paperwork not completed properly aheem.

I'm prepared to wait for as long as it takes as there are some great subjects to use. He did give me a LOT sheet with the dreamliner on it if anyone is interested.

By the way do you guys have the email address for the pointer dog decals as I would like some custom made sheets.

Many thanks

Lloyd

Hi Guys

just to add to your comments. I received a decal order from Chris only part of order still waiting on balance of Royal Jordanian, Gulf 340 and Thai 747's which apparently have been sent also in the last few weeks but delayed due to paperwork not completed properly aheem.

I'm prepared to wait for as long as it takes as there are some great subjects to use. He did give me a LOT sheet with the dreamliner on it if anyone is interested.

By the way do you guys have the email address for the pointer dog decals as I would like some custom made sheets.

Many thanks

Lloyd

Yup, that's the same reason he gave me for my stuff not going out in a timely fashion... and that was well over a month ago at this point.

I had problems with him on the pass but was able to recovery my loss via paypal!

He does a very nice decals but the guy is extremely irresponsible with his customer's on manner of shipping + communication!

By the way, i will list on eBay tonight(via my brother), around 20 BD sheets from a collection i purchase from a guy on brazil! All brand new for the first's bacth's from BD!

Cheers

Edited by pttaa

My experience has been good with him i had one of his 787 dreamliner decals break up on me when i was applying i contacted him about this and he said he would send a replacement which he has done it took a fair while to come but i did receive it.

also last year i ordered a American set off him which came within about 1 month

Richard

Hi all,

I had dealings with this eBay seller and they didn't turn out too good. Any time he did reply to emails I thought that he was a really nice guy but it seems like I was fooled.

My first order with him took about two months to arrive but I was happy that it did actually arrive as they were really nice sets. Feeling more confident in him as a seller I placed a second order with him. Again it took about two months to arrive but this time it was missing a set. He apologised and said he would send it out to me so I suggested that I buy two more sheets and that he could then include the missing decals with that. I was expecting a long delay again but one month later, in August, I requested a tracking number. This tracker number must have been wrong as the package was on it's way to another country! He said he would track it down with the post office and get it sorted. This seems to be a situation others have experienced with him too. He listed some more great decals and I couldn't resist as I really wanted the subjects so I ordered two new sets. This time he didn't even bother sending me a tracking number and anytime I managed to get a response from him he seemed to fob me off with excuses that he was trying to track down my orders and also asked if they had turned up yet. Of course, having had a positive selling experience earlier in the year, and he came across a genuine, I tended to believe him and hoped that they would turn up. With all the emailing and false promises, the time for me to open a claim with PayPal had passed (45 days) but I still pursued him. He said he posted them. The time for leaving negative feedback on eBay passed so I couldn't even do that. He did offer a full refund in November and I accepted that but he never refunded me and emails since have been ignored by him.

:P

So I lost over $90 worth on nothing... and I didn't even get the satisfaction of leaving negative feedback. This makes me think that others have been fobbed off until this time has passed too so maybe he should have a lot more negative feedback than he does at the moment.

I still have hope that these decals will turn up some day and surprise me, and that he can regain some credibility. Six months later, this hope is almost gone now and I don't think I can get a cent back. If the decals do turn up then I will definitely come on here and clear his name. He seems to blame postage but we pay enough for tracking postage and I can't see the post in Brasil being that bad. I wonder if it is a delay tactic so he can get away with PayPal refunds and negative feedback.

eBay should really do something about this guy but until then I would suggest to stay clear of his listings... until he improves his service and fulfils all his past orders.

It's one thing being irresponsible... but it's another thing taking a person's hard-earned cash and not supplying a product... that is what you call theft!

ATB

Vinny

PS - Chris, if you're reading this then please do the right thing. This community of ours is special and you'll gain more loyalty (and money!) by providing a great service.

Edited by Vinny

You're taking your chances ordering from him. I've gotten my decals, but only after very long waits. Others haven't gotten them, at all.

I might suggest buying one decal from him, if you must, to check and see about his reliability for yourself. If you get your decal, then perhaps buy another. However, I wouldn't buy more than one at a time to cut your losses - just in case. There are too many bad stories floating around the interweb.

I'm a member of the Yahoo Airliners group and I have heard nothing but bad about this guy.

I don't care if he is the only one who 'produces' a certain decal set..... what good is it if you can't get it? There are even members on there who have reported being blocked from bidding on his items just for having the audacity to inquire about an order that hadn't arrived in over 6 months.

And the screwed up paperwork seems to be his go to excuse! Sorry! As much as he supposedly sells, I think he should know how to do the paperwork by now!

I might suggest buying one decal from him, if you must, to check and see about his reliability for yourself.

These are just things I have read and because of that? I wouldn't even give him the chance to get to me for even one set!

Well, interesting update.

Upon arriving home from a trip out this afternoon, I discovered a package from Brazil waiting for me. My decals actually came. Very happy, not to say somewhat surprised.

There's a small wrinkle. I ordered 10 sets... and 10 sets were in the package. But 3 of them were the wrong sets.

Ordered and properly received were:

Thai Airways for 747

Qantas 'Yanani Dreaming' for 737

Gulf Air for Airbus A319/320

China Airlines for 747

ANA 'Pocket Monsters' for 767

Qantas 'Nalanji Dreaming' for 747

ANA 'Pocket Monsters' for 747

Ordered but NOT received were:

Air Asia X 'Raiders' for A340

Etihad Airways/Australian Airlines/ANA 'Universal Studios' for 767

Virgin Atlantic Airways for 747

Received but NOT ordered were:

South African Airways 'Olympic Team' colors for 747

JAL Dream Express No. 1 'Friends' for 747

Czech Airlines/Uzbekistan Airways for A310

In earlier communications, the seller said he'd send me the JAL Dream Express sheet for free as a 'thank you' for buying so many decals. So I was expecting that one. As far as the other 2 unexpected sets, I don't know if those were meant as freebies, meant as replacements for items that could not be sent, or if he simply messed up the order during the packing process.

I'm actually quite happy about getting the South African Airways set. Don't really care for the A310 set.

And of course I'm a bit annoyed about the missing 3 sets... as the Raiders A340, Australian Airlines 767, and Virgin Atlantic 747 were all planes I was quite interested in.

Will now contact the seller again and try to determine what happened to the missing sets... but at least I paid for 10 sets and GOT 10 sets.

That's encouraging. Where are you based? I have a friend waiting in CA and his registrered post status hasn't changed since 1 December as well.

I am in CA also.

I had checked my tracking number status this very morning and it still hadn't had any updates since 'preparing for shipment' on December 1st.

So your friend in CA may get his soon, fingers crossed.

Hi Bruce and Tony

Wowee wowee things are looking up you received your package, so hopefully the sheets I ordered TG747s, GF 340, RJ330 etc may make an appearance.

As you saw my earlier posting about receiving part of order and substitutes, it really is hit and miss and lucky dip isn't it?

As far as Etihad goes I'll get Greg Drawbaugh's A330 sheet via AHS.

Do any of you fellas have pointer dog contact for custom run sheets?

Thanks

Lloyd

Well, I know the horse has already bolted, but the thing to have done in this circumstance, is to make a very small order and see how it pans out. And if that works out OK, you can ramp it up next time. If not, it's not so big a deal (though still a pain in the ar$e). I know, hindsight and all that...

Kev