1/48 RoG B-17F Lulu Belle

I tried to help, but all I get is thumbnails for you.

When using photobucket... after you've uploaded the images and returned to the page that shows thumbnails of the pictures in your album, when you hover your mouse over the image, you'll want to copy the second line "direct link":

Clickhere.jpg

Then with that information copied, click on the small white icon here:

thenhere.jpg

Then a small window appears... paste your link into here:

paste_it_here_like_this.jpg

Then when you click "OK" or enter, your link shows up here as a blurb of words that are started and ended with either "[ img ]" or "[ / img ]" (just without the spaces inbetween), when you post, your full size pictures get posted in.

Hope this helps! Love the progress pictures by the way.

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha
I tried to help, but all I get is thumbnails for you.

When using photobucket... after you've uploaded the images and returned to the page that shows thumbnails of the pictures in your album, when you hover your mouse over the image, you'll want to copy the second line "direct link":

Clickhere.jpg

Then with that information copied, click on the small white icon here:

thenhere.jpg

Then a small window appears... paste your link into here:

paste_it_here_like_this.jpg

Then when you click "OK" or enter, your link shows up here as a blurb of words that are started and ended with either "[ img ]" or "[ / img ]" (just without the spaces inbetween), when you post, your full size pictures get posted in.

Hope this helps! Love the progress pictures by the way.

Mark.

Excellent screen shots and "how to", Mark.

Might want to add the warning note some people may get Presentation1.gif

click accept, REclick the image icon THEN paste your code from fotobucket, in the Explorer User Promp box.

HTH rightwinger26

That should help, I'm really computer dumb. I'm at work right now, but I'll try it when I get home, thanks. The progress is slow, but its starting to look like something, hopefully tomorrow I can build the bomb sight mount on the flight deck, then later in the week build the mount that goes on it..................GO RED WINGS!!!!

Ah, yes, so true about that warning! Thanks for adding that one!

That should help, I'm really computer dumb. I'm at work right now, but I'll try it when I get home, thanks. The progress is slow, but its starting to look like something, hopefully tomorrow I can build the bomb sight mount on the flight deck, then later in the week build the mount that goes on it..................GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

Sounds good! Except for one thing, but I've modified the post...

Can't wait to see the work you're doing.

Mark.

So terrifying,a Leaf, that says "don't mess with us...or....we'll wither and blow away!!!" :) But hey, at least your an Original Six fan. The boss just left to go to work, so I'm gonna start chopping plastic soon. I'll see if I can figure out the whole picture thing.

Bomb sight mounting apature

100_1182-1.jpg

100_1200.jpg

100_1189.jpg

Its a start, not bad for making the 7 pieces and getting all together in about 45 minutes, comments or corrections welcome. The next step is the acutual mount and plates the sight sit on, then it on to painting the wood portions, then adding detail to the underside of the cockpit floor. But for now, good night...and good luck :thumbsup:

Rightwinger, looking good. I wish I had the nerve, and the skill, to tackle some that scratch building like you are doing. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cheat and use the True Details resin sets for the B-17G and try to modify them to not be too inaccurate. I'll be watching your thread with great interest since I'm also building up Revell's old 1/48 Memphis Belle. There's been something about B-17s that has held my fascination since I was a kid. I'm in awe of Karl and his knowledge of B-17s in general, and the Belle specifically. I got to see her a few times when she was at Mud Island, but to have had a chance to go through her before her first "restoration", and then to get to see her during her current restoration, what an opportunity.

I'll be anxiously waiting for your next pics.

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Well, I just finished making the mount for the bomb sight, not perfect, but its the right shape at least, maybe when I get some paint on it it will come to "life". I'm debating even mounting the Verlindin sight to it, I think it looks like a sewing machine, but then again, what is a bomber without a sight, well see. Tomorrow I hope to get paint on the floors. I'll post more pictures when there is more to see than cut-up plastic.

Bill

After much staring at pictures today, I think I am gonna try to whiddle my own stabilizer for the bomb sight, and trim up and mount the Verlindin one to the top of it. Its worth a shot, and if it doesnt work, what am I really out, less than an ounce of plastic. :lol:

Ok, I'll give you that. But there's only one hockey heaven, Buffalo!

That first ever New Years day outdoor game in Buffalo when it was snowing like crazy was pure magic.

Outdoor hockey in general is fantastic. Went to the Michigan Michigan State hockey game at The Big House back in December and that was the most fun I've had in a long time at a sporting event.

I'm gonna see what I can get done today before I go to bed, the dogs decided it would be a good idea to make a nice mess for me to clean up, so they are in solitary for the moment, and tonight we are going to a hockey game, with a special guest appearance but the one and only Stanley Cup!!!!! Hooray!!!! I'm gonna try to prime everything and get the wood airbrushed

aren't they on the wrong side of the number 8 spot Mark???? :)

Ouch. Always pulling out the facts? Why can't we just be oblivious to the truth and base things on opinions from time to time? For example - my opinion is that the Leafs are a great team and have a superb chance at making the playoffs.

Why can't we just be oblivious to the truth and base things on opinions from time to time? For example - my opinion is that the Leafs are a great team and have a superb chance at making the playoffs.

Sure why not, the world needs dreamers my friend :)

But, you're beating the brakes off me as far as detailing your Fort, so in some sort of vicious circle what comes around goes around :wave: I just primed the Bombsight mount and the navigators floor, I'm getting ready to start the detail to the underside of the cockpit and the rear bulkhead of the nose, I'll prime those, then shoot Alclad in the appropriate spots and I might have something that looks like something. I'm trying to get all this done and some additions to my model railroad before my better half is done with her hair and make-up. I'll be heading out of town on thursday and won't be back for about three weeks, so I'll see what I can accomplish.

A little progress today

100_1205.jpg

Primed bomb sight mount

100_1204.jpg

Another view

100_1203.jpg

Nose rear wall, mount for radio compass and control relay and bracket for the Navigators table

Tomorrow I hope to move to the underside of the cockpit floor, then I should be ready to finish priming and paint, so I can get all that glued together then make a final good layout for the nose rids adn formers, thanks for looking

Bill

Looking steller good Sir! You're definitely adding the fine details to this old bird. I really like your effect of wooden texture on the floors. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.