Anniston 2011- R3 Regional!

Just reminding everyone that the R3 Regional is Saturday April 16th, 2011 in Anniston, Alabama!

IPMS Phantom Phlashers is hosting this year's show, and all the pertinent forms, flyers, et cetera, et cetera can be found here: http://www.phantomphlashers.org/anniston.html

As always, we will have a great raffle, and the grand prize is the "Shark Sighting- Giving Teeth to the Tigers" by John D. Shaw. This limited edition print is professionally framed, and signed by no less than fifteen Flying Tigers. This one of kind print captures the inventiveness of the AVG aircrews as they bore sighted their P-40's. The signatures include:

Morgan Vaux

"Buster" Keeton

Joe Poshefko

Dick Rossi

Peter Wright

Frank Losonsky

Carl Brown

Ken Jernstedt

Ed Stiles

Charlie Bond

Chuck Baisden

Rich Richardson

"Tex" Hill

Paul Clouthier

Ed Janski

Special Awards for 2011 include:

Best WWI Aircraft

Mustang Sallie (best Mustang of any type: aircraft, automotive, etc…)

Movie Magic (Best subject in movie make up: i.e. a T-74 dressed up as a Tiger, a T-6 as a Zero, etc…)

Paul Solosky Memorial Originality in Modeling Award

Bill Norman Memorial Best USMC Aircraft Award

Darryl Epperson Memorial Award

If you've never been to our show or seen our raffle, here's a few pics of last years raffle:

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

We average nearly 200 kits, decals, books, you name it every year!

I look forward to seeing as many folks as possible at the show. It'll be a blast!

Edited by Spaced Marine
  • 4 weeks later...
Glad to hear that Jay! My sister lives in WR & I plan on making the June show. Haven't been to the Museum there since 1995!

Great,

You'll be amazed at how it has grown. Oh, and bring a bunch of your buddies with you when you come. Auburn ain't playing Alabama during the same weekend like last year when the contest was held in Oct. Ya'll ain't got no 'scuses this time ya' hear!

Jay

Great,

You'll be amazed at how it has grown. Oh, and bring a bunch of your buddies with you when you come. Auburn ain't playing Alabama during the same weekend like last year when the contest was held in Oct. Ya'll ain't got no 'scuses this time ya' hear!

Jay

Jay,

I saw the first airplanes being delivered to the museum in the early '80s by Army Skycranes. My dad arranged the airlift for them! I'm going to drag as many of our guys with me as I can. I work retail, and the Iron Bowl killed my Black Friday sales last year! My school won, but I lost out on some commission $$$ because of that epic game!

Also, just received 5 decal sheets from Wingnuts & 3 from Two Bobs for the raffle today along with an Eduard Mig-21 Profi-pack too!

Thank you!

Edited by Spaced Marine

Question for you, though. How much does it cost to enter a model? I've looked on your website and at your flyers and I can't find a price. I see IPMS members get a $2 discount but I can't locate the original price. But then, I might be blind as a bat :) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay