Currently reading the first book in the Game of Thrones series and it's a pure guilty pleasure.

Being a huge fan of the TV series and having seen every episode to date, would you still say it's worth reading the book?

Edited by 11bee

Being a huge fan of the TV series and having seen every episode to date, would you still say it's worth reading the book?

Never seen the show, but I know plenty of folks who have seen the show who are now reading the book.

I still love buying real books ..and I read a lot.

I have a Lee Child, James Patterson and William Karp books on the go..

and a few others..including a book on the RAF and its history... :thumbsup:

I prefer the old fashioned way if reading books as words seem to come alive when I am holding a book.

I am also lucky that there are still some very good old bookstores where I can buy vintage books .. :coolio:

Kindle doesn't do anything for ME.. :blink:

Agree I will never do the e-reading thing. I need the look feel and smell of a book in my hands. Before I started back into modeling all my spare money went into books. Now it goes into plastic.

I agree with you there. I have a Kindle Fire and have never been able to read a complete book on the thing. I've tried to give it a chance and just can't do it.

not aviation or military related at all...but if you are a fan of the LOTR or medieval fantasy, then the Wheel of Time series is a great set. there are 11 books by the original author(who has since passed away) and a 12 sequel plus a prequel written by his son, with a 13 book in the works. its got the same high tempo action as the LOTR but without the 32 pages talking about what a tree looks like...so no real downtime at all.

Sean

Sorry Sean. Got into the third book of "Wheel of Time" and completely lost interest. SWMBO asked me what happens in the book, for the life of me I couldn't tell her.

Just finishing Stephen Kings' "Gunslinger" series. Starts off fantastic. Gets a little muddier toward the end, but still can't put it down.

Also reading (in Dutch) "Johannes Post, Exponent van het Verzet." Johannes lived about 30 miles from where my Dad lived, both part of the Dutch resistance in WW2. It's giving me a great picture of the world my Dad grew up in.